1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. CoiL
    +1

Just curious - what tips did You use with IT01 and how long did You have them (how many hours playtime?) ?

Sorry for OT.

I have 2 ZSN (cyan&purple) incoming. Will chime in when I receive them.
    I have suspicion, by graphs I`ve seen, that ZS4 DD could be actually better than ZSN DD in certain setup.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. Conest
    btw.. customer support sent me this when i asked about the colors of ZSN..:joy::joy:
    They said... They look identical ..
    :neutral_face:
    (Hope it helps... Spoiler alert- It won't)
    Love the color though :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  3. Conest
  4. randomnin
    Conest likes this.
  5. Slater
    Cool, thanks.

I found a seller on Aliexpress that had them for $2.87, which I thought was a bargain so I picked one up.

6. phower
    For soundstage, the crosstalk effect is crucial which headphones can't reproduce.
    Luckily, there is a DSP effect that does that including taking into account the time delays.
    Try this player https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.ideariboso.capriccio&hl=en

It is also available for iPhones. Turn on 'headphone optimisation' in the app for the effect. I have been using this for several years and don't listen with out them.
    [​IMG]

7. pbui44
  8. Daniel Gur
    I just got the ED16's, The bass is amazing, mid are great, the highs are great. Definitely worth the 16 bucks. Not sure how the new high tier models can top this.

xinn47, loomisjohnson and mbwilson111 like this.
  9. SomeEntityThing
    Because I definitely need more IEMs at this point, how's the sound from the KZ ZS4 compared to the KZ ZS3 (Black packaging, so I'd assume it was before the apparent change in tuning for newer batches of the ZS3) with the acclaimed Slader (remove the red grill and foam in the tubes) mod? The ZS3 is special in my collection for its hilariously great isolation and if I can buy something else that also has a similar price and even better sound for commuting, well... it's something to consider when my budget allows it lol

10. Conest
    is memory wire really thay bad ?
    If yes , please suggest a good cable for ZSA..
    If not , please suggest a good cable for ZSA..(upto 10 or 12 $)
    I can't spend 20$ :slight_frown:(as of now)

11. mbwilson111
    The ZSA comes with a nice cable. The memory wire on it doesn't annoy me. It helps. I am actually using it on my ED16 which came with a horrible cable.

scottySK and Conest like this.
  12. Conest
    Thanks, That helps a lot :slight_smile:

13. loomisjohnson
    the zs4 is a step up from the zs3, with more extended treble and slightly better-controlled bass, but the same great isolation. i do rate the ed16 and zsr higher (havent gotten the zsn yet), but the zs4 is definitely worthy.

Bartig and DocHoliday like this.
  14. jibberish
    I removed the memory wire off of my ZSR and ZS4 cables. I'm not sure exactly what the ZSA cable looks like, but if it's similar to those you can get rid of the wire if you don't like it.

15. groucho69
    Why are we discussing BOSE in this thread anyway? I paid less for mine, used like new, than I did for my AS10. Not for SQ, although it is far from the worst that I have heard. For the bliss of having it on the screaming baby express when we fly to the Caribbean. Worth every penny then. Much more effective than anything else. I also bring buds for use on the beach.