Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 5, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #37,636 of 63,832
I accidentally dropped the right earpiece of my ZS10 into my cup of coffee this morning. Fully submerged and all for about 2 seconds at the most. I baby all my IEMs no matter their monetary value so this something that never happens to me (first time). I wiped it off and considered tossing it into a sealed container with rice. But then I decided to give it a listen. It works fine!
do you notice the hints of aromatic coffee in the sound? if so, keep them as they are, you are the owner of unique ZS10

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #37,637 of 63,832
Doc I'm starting to worry about you!

Who me?!?!

I'm completely mormal. LOL

tenor.gif

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #37,638 of 63,832
nice

i see so many of you having so many IEMs, and i know pretty good from myself that i will not swap out IEMs for different music, but rather use a good allrounder ( i had the HAVI B3 Pro and KZ ZS3 and still listened to the ZS3 most of the time even if the HAVIs had wonderful soundstage but they had sadly had no bass :frowning2: )

so i rather get a good allrounder (and tune them more flat and balanced) for the day to day use. and the ZSN seems to get pretty good reviews, so i think i get those first. and maybe i'll get some higher end IEM later (50-100€) KZ ZS7 etc.

oh wait, i just saw that the ED16 are the ZS7 o.O and there are also ZS10.

KZ should focus on quality over quantity , this naming confuses me

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #37,639 of 63,832
X8zLwIE.jpg

Isn't it just a ZS4 without the BA? They share a lot of similarities: rendering file, nozzle structure, 8mm DD "polymerized membrane". Looking forward to reading more details about it.

Yes.

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #37,640 of 63,832

Here's the poop! How much money can you spend without feeling guilty? Now take that # and see which one fits...the ZSN look very sharp by the way!
Go to your favorite online seller and buy some. Dude I'm right there with your Havi thoughts by the way I dug them but zero bass is drag.
Pull the trigger on your favorite looking one if that helps...

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #37,641 of 63,832
I finally received the new silver and copper blended cable from KZ. It looks nice but is significantly thinner and less soft than the TRN 8 core cables. I like that KZ has also used the memory loop plastic instead of the wire. Overall it's a nice upgrade to stock cables but I guess I was hoping for it to be the same as TRN but with the nicer connectors and copper colour

Nov 5, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #37,642 of 63,832
Here's the poop! How much money can you spend without feeling guilty? Now take that # and see which one fits...the ZSN look very sharp by the way!
Go to your favorite online seller and buy some. Dude I'm right there with your Havi thoughts by the way I dug them but zero bass is drag.
Pull the trigger on your favorite looking one if that helps...

i think i get the ZSN first. i already have a full list of stuff i want to buy on 11.11 haha

also i would use them for the gym and some outdoor stuff/work (and there often for audiobooks). for more critical sessions i have my modified (stacked magnets) Takstar PRO 82 over head monitors with a wonderful HiFimeDIY ES9018K2M DAC (good value).

so a rather wait a bit and get some next level IEM in the future, and then i will be using them on the go for more critical listening

Nov 5, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #37,643 of 63,832
OH MY. THIS HAS TO BE A DREAM.

Knowledge Zenith did something different! Something I really am enjoying.

The ZSN is in pink. Sorry, this is a busy chart but I wanted to plot several comparisons in one.

ZSN: Pink
AS10: Gray
ZSA: Green
T2: Blue
TRN V80 - Light Grey

KZ ZSN - FR.jpg

Quick Impressions:
Great build on this one.
Fit is wonderful.
Cable and connectors is a lot better
Sound is not ultra detailed, but I like the sound signature!

Review in the near future.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #37,644 of 63,832
ZS4 owners,
How do you contain or atleast minimize sibilance on these bad boys?
When I received them they sounded perfect for my taste,but now after 2 weeks I'm starting to notice more and more sibilance,and the letter "s" sounds quite piercing in some songs.Is that normal?I didn't to any burn in's or similair things,just started to use them on a daily basis as soon as they arrived.

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #37,645 of 63,832
Nov 5, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #37,646 of 63,832
I heard lots of IEMs in that price range tbh, if you have a specific taste, I can try to help you figure what would best fit your needs

Agreed, let us know your tastes. There's so much good gear less than the AS10 price, I know we can find you something you'll be happy with!

The perfect IEMs are not going to show up riding a white horse on a foggy day...

sub $50, you can't go wrong with trying out the Tin Audio T2 (I know this model has been recommended to death, but it does deserve it). Barrel/bullet-type body, so not much fit issues unless you really don't like such shape. No idea on the T2 Pro since haven't had the chance to try that one out, but seems it has more treble (as if the T2 needed more of it)...

Thank you all, i had the ZST's and ZSR, got a pair of HD1 or something (the cheapest ones for my bro, you guys recommended it at the time, it's approved but i don't listen to them that much), the ZST's piercing high's are a no for me, but with the ZSR i get more bass and punch, i love that, i also like detail and soundstage. Right now i can't think of anything more to add, but feel free to ask me things that you might feel important, usually i would say that i'm fine with v-shape, but these last days, i've been thinking that as a drummer, i might want some more mids, but i'm not sure.

Having a detachable cable is a plus, i like the KZ setup regarding that, but sound is a higher priority.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #37,647 of 63,832
That was a known QC issue with the ZS3. They had a bad batch about a year or so ago. The driver just randomly dies. There is no way to fix it.

You could reuse the shell and install new drivers. Or use them for spare parts (cable, tips, etc).
My ZS3 and ZS5 v1 both had the same fate. I wonder why that is. Was there a known problem with the wireless cables too? They both failed after I used it, but not immediately.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #37,648 of 63,832
Thank you all, i had the ZST's and ZSR, got a pair of HD1 or something (the cheapest ones for my bro, you guys recommended it at the time, it's approved but i don't listen to them that much), the ZST's piercing high's are a no for me, but with the ZSR i get more bass and punch, i love that, i also like detail and soundstage. Right now i can't think of anything more to add, but feel free to ask me things that you might feel important, usually i would say that i'm fine with v-shape, but these last days, i've been thinking that as a drummer, i might want some more mids, but i'm not sure.

Having a detachable cable is a plus, i like the KZ setup regarding that, but sound is a higher priority.

Maybe get AS10 and see if it works alright. It is the safest bet from what I can gather about your tastes (?)

It would be great o tell us how you want the bass , mids and treble to be in balance to each other :)

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #37,649 of 63,832
My ZS3 and ZS5 v1 both had the same fate. I wonder why that is. Was there a known problem with the wireless cables too? They both failed after I used it, but not immediately.

The KZ Bluetooth cables all have various issues. It is best to avoid them.

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #37,650 of 63,832

its mostly simple now, @Slater broke it down a few pages ago, can't be bothered to find it

implying KZ not focusing on quality just based on the naming of various models is quite reaching. They have several product lines, but the basics are ZS and ED series which encompasses most of their lineup. ED16 which was supposed to be ZS7 is not officially released by KZ, you can check over on their official site and tmall store at the time of release (no idea on what's the reasoning on this model, they might've decided the tuning and design doesn't fall under ZS series).

Then there's the ES series and the latest, AS and BA (which are the start to their full BA series). It might seem a bit much from the outside, but considering how big KZ got over the past few years, it wouldn't be weird for them to have several teams developing models independent of each other (which would also explain how some guys can separate from KZ and make their own brand, like TRN).

Confusing to choose? well, pick a model you like (because the name, the design, etc), read the reviews for it, if you like what you read, then go ahead and get it. Heck, ask here for suggestions on your price range and sound signature or maybe over on the chi-fi thread and there will be a few people that can recommend models even other than KZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back