Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 26, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #37,336 of 63,832
I just received my trn cable from AliE.
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/TRN-...3-5-MMCX-couteurs-Mets-C-ble/32931782166.html
It is the black & white, 0.75mm, balanced 2.5mm
Excellent looking, seems more expensive than paied for, top look for the price.
I did test it on my ZS6

My personal feelings:
Before, I did test the stock cable,looks sober but sound can be better.
the silver KZ upgrade (the thin twisted one) that sounded slightly better for sharper trbles and more focused bass,
the new KZ twisted iron grey color (silver plated), sounds realy different with lot of punch, good !
the trn looks bigger and more expensive, sounds different too, more subtle than the iron grey on the trebles and the bass can have instant more volume,

The special "silver plated OCC copper and the 200 strands" (100 on the KZ) for me make a difference

trn_cable.jpg

Oct 26, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #37,337 of 63,832
Yessir, this is how you know you were with KZ for a while:wink: Way before there was the Avengers and Shield:scream: Oh no he deent:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: LOL

Eheheh!
I also have a sealed shield case with a mic ATE (v1) in it. In some years I plan to sell them to the geek daughters and sons of the ageing KZ community like it was some holy KZ grail!

Oct 26, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #37,338 of 63,832
Eheheh!
I also have a sealed shield case with a mic ATE (v1) in it. In some years I plan to sell them to the geek daughters and sons of the ageing KZ community like it was some holy KZ grail!

LOL, I may have to do that with several new KZ models! Won’t have the shield but I’ll just use the old “Way back in the beginning” ploy:beerchug:

Oct 26, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #37,339 of 63,832
LOL, I may have to do that with several new KZ models! Won’t have the shield but I’ll just use the old “Way back in the beginning” ploy:beerchug:
"In the old days, before hybrid-meta-plasma 4D printers, we had to wait for a slow boat from the then called People's Republic of China..."

Oct 26, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #37,342 of 63,832
bass. lots of it. and its punchy and it rumbles. sounds fun. less recessed mids and decent treble.
Fun and engaging. The bass is strong but clean, the mids are slightly recessed not due to the bass, which doesn't interfere with the mid resolution. The treble is decent, alright, not because of lack, au contraire, it has lots of it but sometimes some sibilance is to be expected. The overall experience is very fun, but not perfectly coherent. I love them, though.

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #37,350 of 63,832
Thanks for the quick review but you have posted the links backwards for your post that links to it here and on your blog.

So it's NOT backwards day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back