Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 19, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #36,424 of 63,834
Here is a summary of US Laws regarding the use of headphones, earphones, and headsets while driving:
https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headsets/

TL;DR: For the majority of US states, there is no prohibition whatsoever. While Louisiana, Maryland, Ohio, and Rhode Island have strict prohibitions in place, and several states have prohibitions that apply only to certain types of drivers.

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #36,425 of 63,834
At this point in time, I'm just gona wait for KZ ZS15 to make sure i get a KZ which is more matured and better tuned. :D

same conundrum as any tech toys (should I get that flippin' cheap GTX1080 or just wait for the RTX2080 to be cheaper). Either buy now and enjoy or wait until you get even better stuff and bang for your buck.

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #36,426 of 63,834
Here is a summary of US Laws regarding the use of headphones, earphones, and headsets while driving:
https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headsets/

TL;DR: For the majority of US states, there is no prohibition whatsoever. While Louisiana, Maryland, Ohio, and Rhode Island have strict prohibitions in place, and several states have prohibitions that apply only to certain types of drivers.

I'm a little surprised that most states have nothing on the books for this. I wonder if they have broader rules regarding "Devices that would impair the driver" like I know VA does. Technically you cant even wear sunglasses legally while driving in VA. Of course the CommunistWealth of VA is known for going overboard on these things too.

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #36,427 of 63,834
I'm a little surprised that most states have nothing on the books for this. I wonder if they have broader rules regarding "Devices that would impair the driver" like I know VA does. Technically you cant even wear sunglasses legally while driving in VA. Of course the CommunistWealth of VA is known for going overboard on these things too.

Virginia has a blanket law against earphones, but nothing about headphones. My guess is that they don't want to have to worry about people who need headsets for good reasons, like first responders. It may also be a way to encourage hands-free use of phones over hands-on use. Who knows though.

Sep 19, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #36,428 of 63,834
same conundrum as any tech toys (should I get that flippin' cheap GTX1080 or just wait for the RTX2080 to be cheaper). Either buy now and enjoy or wait until you get even better stuff and bang for your buck.

But once you waited for the RTX2080 to be cheap, then 3080 will be out and you'll want that. It's an endless loop. :)

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #36,431 of 63,834
Ironman has arrived. (I accidentally posted this in the Chi-Fi thread, but I'll post a different photo here)

P1020245.JPG

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #36,432 of 63,834
Oh no no no i like the blue color...and my wallet is feeling blue already. Is this legit?

Yes it’s legit.

And no, no one knows when it will be out, no one has it yet, or knows the price, or knows what it sounds like. Haha

I’m sure the ZS7 will be worth the wait though, even if it takes a year.

The ZS6 is excellent, and KZ seems to really be getting their act together with their recent offerings (AS10, ZS4, BA10).

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #36,433 of 63,834
And no, no one knows when it will be out, no one has it yet, or knows the price, or knows what it sounds like. Haha

What? Does this mean you won't tell me how the mids are and how tall the soundstage is? So disappointed:)

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #36,434 of 63,834
What? Does this mean you won't tell me how the mids are and how tall the soundstage is? So disappointed:)

Haha, or how it compares to this IEM or that IEM? And if you should buy this other IEM now or if you should wait for the ZS7? Or if it is going to the best IEM under $100?

I mean, I’d LOVE to know the future, but my crystal ball is broken at the moment lol

AD5DCB82-6B82-4175-8FE9-433D49635ACD.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #36,435 of 63,834
Haha, or how it compares to this IEM or that IEM? And if you should buy this other IEM now or if you should wait for the ZS7? Or if it is the best IEM under $100?

No, I wanted to know which of the headphones in my list sound most like it:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back