Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 12, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #36,301 of 63,834
I wonder if that's why that ebay seller was blowing out the black Starlines cheap (20 pairs for $1). Maybe KZ was trying to get rid of a mountain of old tips, because they had this revised tip in the works?

Agreed, way more comfortable. I wish I could buy a few dozen pairs of the new tips! So soft and comfy!

I received my ED16s just two weeks ago, and they came with the old/stiff starline tips, which are junk IMO. Even though I use foam tips on nearly everything I have (using silicone tips with my v80s right now), I would've liked to try these out....

Can you post a photo of the new/softer starlines, please?

Sep 13, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #36,302 of 63,834
Awesome! I mostly listen to funk, jazz, and hip-hop music. I want something that has decent bass, wide soundstage, and clarity on highs and mids (sorry, I’m not sure if I’m using these words to describe a sound signature correctly.)
Since You said 50-100$... take a look at IT01 :wink:

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #36,303 of 63,834
Bought Sennheiser CX 2.00G for 30 USD. Of course, no changeable cables and anatomic designs at this price range in the west, unlike with what Chi-Fi treats us. But separation and bass decay on these tiny single DDs is better than KZs I have (don't own the latest flagships like ZS10, AS10, though). The treble sounds is a bit thin, but no roll-off, it's all there. Less sibilance than ES4. Guess I'll have to get some Chinese single dynamics like TFZ or IT01 to compare.

Sep 13, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #36,304 of 63,834
Hey, new to KZ. I've owned the KZ-ZS10 and I'm very impressed, but wish the bass had more precision.

- What's up with KZ's naming scheme? ZS, BA, AS, what's going on?

- Any guesses on what the ported and unreleased KZ-BA10 is going to sound like?

- Can we confirm if they use genuine Knowles drivers or not?

Sep 13, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #36,306 of 63,834
Hey, new to KZ. I've owned the KZ-ZS10 and I'm very impressed, but wish the bass had more precision.

- What's up with KZ's naming scheme? ZS, BA, AS, what's going on?

- Any guesses on what the ported and unreleased KZ-BA10 is going to sound like?

- Can we confirm if they use genuine Knowles drivers or not?

Hello! I'm new to Head-Fi as well. :)
- TBH, I'm curious as well about the meaning behind those abbreviations, but hey KZ means "Knowledge Zenith" and I have no idea what that means lol.
- I saw from one group page that the metal design is for aesthetics purposes only. However, sound resonance can be altered by a material (e.g. plastic, metal shells).
- I doubt they use Knowles drivers. For the price, I think they are using Bellsing drivers.

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #36,309 of 63,834
It came. I tested. it pleased. The KZ AS10 review is now live on PAR. Enjoy.
https://primeaudio.org/kz-as10-review/

KZ AS10 hanging close.jpg

Sep 13, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #36,310 of 63,834
I see you are from Calgary. Visions Audio have the NAD VISO HP20 on sale for $64.00. I've had these now for about 2 weeks and am quite impressed they have really great bass and good clarity on the highs and mids. I don't know whether Visions will give you an opportunity to listen to these before purchase or what their return policy is but if you can have an opportunity to try before your buy or return if not satisfied with the sound then I would suggest giving them a try.

+1 for HP20

Sep 13, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #36,311 of 63,834
Wow, with the ZSA/Audeze-Cypher combo with the app EQ, I finally found harshness, which was on Haley Reinhart’s cover of “Can’t Help Falling in Love”. Her vocals were fine, but the “d**n sound engineer fell asleep”, because her highs were not reattenuated. Oh well, not all sound engineers are created equal, but I am saying that with $15 KZs on my ears.:)

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #36,313 of 63,834
Sep 13, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #36,314 of 63,834
I got it off the last Aliexpress sale ( after stacking discounts and coupons ) for US$41.29. And shipping was free too. It took 16 days to arrive. Some orders I took from Gearbest earlier than the sale hasn't been delivered yet !

Doesn’t surprise me it’s taking that long, assuming they used NLPost (Netherlands). You could walk to China with your shoelaces tied together and just get it yourself faster than NLPost delivers!

Sep 14, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #36,315 of 63,834
Doesn’t surprise me it’s taking that long, assuming they used NLPost (Netherlands). You could walk to China with your shoelaces tied together and just get it yourself faster than NLPost delivers!
Maybe cycle not walk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back