Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 27, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #35,852 of 63,834
I personally prefer the TRN cable, both stock and the silver "upgrade", to any of the KZ cables. The ear hook is in fact a piece of soft plastic that surrounds the braid. It wraps around the earlobe easily and doesn't get deformed like the wire in the KZ cable. The only flaw for me is the split, which is placed too low down the braid.
I'm quite certain that KZ ZS4 comes with the KZ braided cable that can be found with some of the newer models. You can find it here in black.

I like the TRN cable, memory hook works well, soft and not irritating. Leagues better than the NuForce garbage. Don't know about the KZ. The upgraded cable is what I'm using currently, and it's impressive, no issues at all with tangling.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #35,853 of 63,834
zs6.jpg

Interesting mod to reduce treble on KZ ZS6. Saw it on russian forum and using for a couple of months now.
Desolder wire from one of BA drivers, since they are connected in parallel. It's really simple if you have soldering iron, some experince with it and apropriate screwdriver bit for removing IEM's cover. It's also reversible, you can just solder wire back if don't happy with result.

Screenshot_20180107-150742.jpg
(Green is both BA's and white is single BA) Graphs from autor of this mod. 10k treble pick is reduced by 7.5 dB and... nothing else changed. Second parallel connected BA driver just boosting treble in 10k range and not doing anything else, it's useless.

Screenshot_20180107-150510.jpg
(Green is without BA's and white is single BA) For comparison, graph without both BA drivers.

Something something at your own risk something something wait until someone else try it, if you don't trust me.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #35,854 of 63,834
Am I the only one who thinks that the KZ Bluetooth 4.2 cable has a bass booster in the DAC? My ES4 becomes so boomy with the bluetooth cable, which is pretty sad since they sound really good wired, one of the best KZ I’ve ever used. Using it with the bluetooth makes me a bit dizzy due to the boomy bass..

I wonder if the APTX cable is going to have any difference, do they sound better than the non-APTX cable?
I didn’t buy the APTX one because I’m using an iPhone 6S which has no aptx support..

The bluetooth TRN cable DOES change the sound from the wired setup. I can't say that it universally changes the other IEMS the same i.e. more boomy but it does get very loud.

That being said, KZ and TRN both have long term durability issues. I've read multiple reviews on amazon that the bluetooth cables tend to last somewhere around 5-6 months under normal useage. Mine lasted about 5 months but I used them while running so my sweat destroyed my pair. I'm unsure if i'm going to get another one.

Aug 27, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #35,855 of 63,834
I need help over here, My KZ silver cable has arrived to me today and somehow the sound is muffled than the original cable idk why. Any idea why that happened ? especially vocals are so different than the original kz cable(KZ ZS6) by the way this is one is second generation silver cable the red blue thing.

Aug 27, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #35,856 of 63,834
I need help over here, My KZ silver cable has arrived to me today and somehow the sound is muffled than the original cable idk why. Any idea why that happened ? especially vocals are so different than the original kz cable(KZ ZS6) by the way this is one is second generation silver cable the red blue thing.
Check IEM's connectors polarity by reversing it, may be you connected cable wrong way. Or it is ground issue with cable.

kz-2pin-plug.jpg

Aug 27, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #35,857 of 63,834
I am thinking of ordering the KZ ES4's. I have enjoyed my ED9's and ZS5's, but I like strong bass, and the ES4's apparently are good for that. If you have a pair of ES4's, would you agree?

I can get the ES4's for $19, same day free delivery:
https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-**...id=1535384214&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=es4&psc=1

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #35,861 of 63,834
When ground wires is not actually connected to ground, probably something wrong in 3,5mm jack connector. Compare with old cable again and if it still will be sound different, then ask seller to refund money or send new cable.
And there is some noises with both cable when i plug them into my smartphone. Like distortion czzzz pt pt sounds. :D Thanks for advice

Aug 27, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #35,862 of 63,834
pulled the trigger on the new ZS4's! apparently they lowered the price to $13 which is worth the price for admission to try the ZS3 2.0's (which i'm calling them). This should be exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back