Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 19, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #35,626 of 63,834
I think we had a misunderstanding.
I'm not saying i do not trust you.
I'm saying that everyone states zsr had a huge soundstage, and it's surprising as it is closed back.
I was wondering if the ed16 has the same soundstage feature.
Not sure if i'm clear now.
Soundstage is not equal to open back always..

Sony z7 and z1r are example and so is zsr. Actually final e4000(closed back) sounds way bigger than e2000(complete open back).

Open back tends to decay less and give a more open space for driver to breathe increasing the overall movement of diaphragm (zero pressure). But that has nothing to do with stage. Soundscape does get effected but that is not everything to make a heck of difference to the sensation of space.

KZ ZSR is crazy v shape and images pretty well(not accurate) creating a sense separation between instruments. Plus a 3 driver helps reduction in distortion and somewhat make the soundscape bigger.

Soundscape(the space) + sound image(perceived and tonal difference between instruments) = soundstage(perceived sense of space by stimulating brain)

ED16 is improved over signature by going little more flatter. The perceived bass effect, shimmer is reduced plus blended properly instead of the vivid contrast of ZSR making it sound more enjoyable but kills some so called stage. Image instead of giving a contrast of difference between instruments sounds more blended coherent and spaced in ED16, but due to less bass it sounds sibilant most of the time if compared to ZSR, but when ZSR shows sibilance, it really goes to the level of ZS6(not actually, but yup) which ED16 can never reach(that's true).

ED16 tries to reveal the intention of composer whereas ZSR tries to reveal all the instruments to listener. Bass guitar is used for blending the whole song and actually not heard but felt. ZSR makes you hear bass guitar

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #35,627 of 63,834
Soundstage is not equal to open back always..

Sony z7 and z1r are example and so is zsr. Actually final e4000(closed back) sounds way bigger than e2000(complete open back).

Open back tends to decay less and give a more open space for driver to breathe increasing the overall movement of diaphragm (zero pressure). But that has nothing to do with stage. Soundscape does get effected but that is not everything to make a heck of difference to the sensation of space.

KZ ZSR is crazy v shape and images pretty well(not accurate) creating a sense separation between instruments. Plus a 3 driver helps reduction in distortion and somewhat make the soundscape bigger.

Soundscape(the space) + sound image(perceived and tonal difference between instruments) = soundstage(perceived sense of space by stimulating brain)

ED16 is improved over signature by going little more flatter. The perceived bass effect, shimmer is reduced plus blended properly instead of the vivid contrast of ZSR making it sound more enjoyable but kills some so called stage. Image instead of giving a contrast of difference between instruments sounds more blended coherent and spaced in ED16, but due to less bass it sounds sibilant most of the time if compared to ZSR, but when ZSR shows sibilance, it really goes to the level of ZS6(not actually, but yup) which ED16 can never reach(that's true).

ED16 tries to reveal the intention of composer whereas ZSR tries to reveal all the instruments to listener. Bass guitar is used for blending the whole song and actually not heard but felt. ZSR makes you hear bass guitar

Dunno if you own the ZSA or not, but could i ask you which one between ZSA and ED16 tends to have a bigger soundstage overall?
For now i'm really tempted in buying the ED16 but the ZSA are so freakin' interesting in terms of build factor.

Aug 19, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #35,628 of 63,834
ZSA are really tiny, great for very small ears. ED16 are bigger, but very well designed to fit small ears as well, because of its ergonomic and flat design.
i've tried ED16 for weeks, and ZSA for only some minutes.
to me, ED16 have strong sub-bass, while ZSA have strong mid-bass. ED16 mids seem to be forwarder than in ZSA. highs roll-off looks similar in both.
attending at their sound signature, i much prefer ED16. but ZSA are so cute..

Thanks for your opinion, considering it!

Aug 19, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #35,629 of 63,834
Dunno if you own the ZSA or not, but could i ask you which one between ZSA and ED16 tends to have a bigger soundstage overall?
For now i'm really tempted in buying the ED16 but the ZSA are so freakin' interesting in terms of build factor.
ZSA focuses on vocal harmonic treble more. Like breathing and subtle effects. ZSA is more V shape.

But I am thinking of ZS4 because of silk woven hanger mostly seen in effect audio plus a closed back dynamic ZSA which can reduce the bass somewhat.

Openback means driver plus the ear area both are open. If you will open only driver area, it will make bass go monstrous because of driver air pressure limitation is removed.I think ZS4 will be less bassy and way more isolating ZSA. After all its more expensive than ED16 and ZSA on mrp

By the way ED16 outclasses ZSA in all department
Screenshot_AliExpress_20180820-080950.png

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #35,631 of 63,834
@Slater
Ah, you’re right. I see where they say that. When it 1st came out it did not say that.

Well, then yes the QT3 is also banned just like the QT2.

LoL

I told you....

Bro, I need some suggestion

I need an iem with equal depth, height and width and should be actually good in representing all.

I was going for ocharaku Shizuku(brass is neutral, so a no no), ED9 black edition and hifiman re400 mmcx.

Tell me an alternative...

Aug 20, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #35,634 of 63,834
Just receive my as10 and connected with USB C Cable

Aug 20, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #35,636 of 63,834
Hey fills, what tips are good for the AS10 and are the wires removable

I like stock tips.
Wires removable yes. I use the USB C kz camec which is awesome

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #35,637 of 63,834
Any coupon codes for the ZS4 yet? It's one of the IEMS that i've been waiting for FOREVER.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #35,638 of 63,834
Any coupon codes for the ZS4 yet? It's one of the IEMS that i've been waiting for FOREVER.

Idk it's rather new but PMing sellers on Aliexpress asking for a discount usually you can get $2-5 off (you need to follow these steps so the seller can edit the price to you). I've managed to get a discount of $30 just asking through PM recently.

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #35,640 of 63,834
@Slater

LoL

I told you....

Bro, I need some suggestion

I need an iem with equal depth, height and width and should be actually good in representing all.

I was going for ocharaku Shizuku(brass is neutral, so a no no), ED9 black edition and hifiman re400 mmcx.

Tell me an alternative...
I own the RE-400, but the model with a fixed cable. For that price, I think you'd be better off going with the single-DD unit that Noble put out on Massdrop. Build quality on the RE-400 is abysmal (I use them gently and still have insulation constantly pulling back from the Y and each earpiece. Knowing they've moved to a MMCX connection only gives me more worries.

Sound-wise, I also find them very analytical and there's a decent sense of space (though I wouldn't call it exceptionally wide, deep, nor high), which is the only reason I still have them in the collection. Just don't think you're going to get much bass information out of them; they definitely favor the upper mids and treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back