1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    This is my guess as well. Look at how many cars have fake/non functional air “vents” and “scoops”.

The design is clearly inspired by the ZS6 and ZSA, so it may have been important for KZ to maintain the same grille look on the BA10 as well.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Strat Rider and vladstef like this.
  2. nxnje
    Thanks to @B9Scrambler i've decided going for the KZ ZSA which seem pretty good for the price and for the genres i listen to (EDM, Bass music, dubstep, DnB and so on)
    I think i am gonna grab a pair even a pair of KZ ED9 as soon as i see a discount.

Then i tried today to put my memt x5 with the cable that goes around and behind the ear and i've heard a great improvement in the sound immersion, i don't know why.

Anyway, i wanted to share with you a problem i figure out everytime i put my earphones on: pratically i hear something strange.. on the left side everything is fine, i can hear every frequency and details (obviously with memt x5 limits, recessed midrange, poor soundstage)
    On the right side (right ear) i have a little problem: bass is different, mids sound recessed and highs are a bit on the darkish side. Bass is muffled or a bit less punchy.
    I thiught it was a headphone related problem but i've tried using memt x5 with the left earbud in the right ear and the effect is the same.
    What can it be? Should it probably be a problem of internal ear structure? Maybe the internal shape of the ear is different or dunno.
    I even noticed that if i push hard the earbud in the left ear the result is great but if i push hard on the right side all the sound is ruined..
    Dunno what to try
    I'm using foam tips as silicone tips give me a strange vacuum feeling and ruin the sound as well.

3. HungryPanda
    You may need to use a larger tip on the right

4. jpgr
    Neither did I. Maybe they revised the design and we have a later version.

5. Slater
    There is currently only 1 sonic revision of the ZS6.

I wish this rumor would die, or KZ would finally release a 2nd (sonic) version of the ZS6 so the rumor would finally be true lol

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Strat Rider and HungryPanda like this.
  6. mbwilson111
    No, mine was ordered back when they first came out. It is one of the original green ones. Also, as Slater mentioned there never has been a new version of the ZS6. Just a new color.

7. nxnje
    So do u think my ears are differently shaped inside? That could be the problem?

8. Slater
    Not all that uncommon.

1 of my ear canals is very narrow compared to the other one. Luckily, I can wear the same size ear tips in both. But I do know people that wear 2 different size tips.

Or you could do foam tips, which will expand to fit the exact size and shape of your ear canal.

9. HungryPanda
    I can use a medium in my left ear and a large in my right

10. BadReligionPunk
    I use 2 mediums, but there are times when I have to go to a small in one ear or the other due to swelling or some weird reason. Ears are funny things.

11. xbonet
    Hi! Great discussion thread!

As per the average pov of comments out there, I decided to test out the ZST's, ES4's and ZSA's side-by-side. My conclusion was that the ES4's were the best in therms of sound, with the ZST's closely behind (save for the sibilance issue), and the ZSA's a far., strangling 3rd place... which surprised me greatly in light of the praise. The only real issue with the ES4's however (and it's not a little issue) is fit: in my ears they get rather uncomfortable. No matter how I place them, they do hurt quite a bit on the outer ear after a while; whereas with the ZST's I don't feel this (on the other hand, the sibilance does hurt a bit in some songs); and the ZSA's are the best: they feel like there's nothing in my ears!

So you can imagine my dilemma! :frowning2: On the one hand, do I go for the best audio quality but sacrifice comfort and will get tired during listening sessions, or do I sacrifice audio quality and get the best confort but always have, in the back of my mind, the certainty that I'm listening to sub-par sound (at least when compared to the other KZ's I've tested)? Or do I get the happy medium, the ZST, with the good fit, the nice sound, the terrible sibilance and crappy cable? What to do?

So I guess what I'm getting at is: Having already heard the ES4's, knowing how good they are, and how better they are to the other IEM's I mentioned, are there any IEM's that are comparable to the ES4's but more comfortable you could recommend?

(To give you an idea, I use large silicon ear tips because my ear canals are quite large but apparently my outer ears aren't as large in some spots, so these larger IEM bodies press against these areas.)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

12. nxnje
    I don't know, they seem pretty comfy in the ear, moreover in the left ear, while the right ear gives me problems because when i put it in i don't feel it comfortable as good as the left.
    I have to try using another size for the right here but i feel like it's something that won't solve the problem.. maybe it will modify the way i feel the sound on the right.
    Do u think could this happen?

13. Slater
    You know your ears the best, and what’s comfortable and sounds the best.

I would say to just experiment and see what you like. There’s no right or wrong answers :)

14. nxnje
    Yea, agreed. It's me the only voice i can trust when it comes to ear-related issues, even because no one could test my ears except myself :D
    Gonna do that

15. Podster
    Howdy KZ fans, been kicking around in my old Asian Red, White and Blue rig and have to say I'm still a major ZS6 fan trouble now is always deciding on the reds, Grays or Black ones:rolling_eyes:

Asian Red-White and Blue.JPG

groucho69, Slater and HungryPanda like this.