Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 24, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #34,951 of 63,796
I'm sorry I'm Italian, I wanted to know if on other models the 8-core cable improves performance and if you advise me to take it. thanks friend

No worry friend. I understand it is a language barrier. We welcome you, and we help our friends of every language and country. We all speak the same language of music!

For the 8 core wire, do not expect better performance. The difference is not noticeable by ear, only scientific measurement equipment.

The upgraded wires (including 8 core wire) has better appearance (fashion), and the wire is softer and more flexible than stock wire. It also makes less noise in your ear when the wire brush against clothes (this is called microphonics).

It is a cheap upgrade to make your earphones more personal and unique. Like if you change to fancy colored shoe laces on your basketball shoes. They make your shoes have more individuality, amd they may also be better “performance” because they will not loosen and make you fall down. But they will not make you Michael Jordan and make perfect jump shots.

Does that make sense?

As far as other models, we will help you but there are many choices. We need to ask more questions before we know what model is good for you. What type of headphone sound do you like? Lots of bass? Good midrange? What about treble? What kind of music is your favorite? Jazz? Classical? Pop music? Trance?

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #34,952 of 63,796
No worry friend. I understand it is a language barrier. We welcome you, and we help our friends of every language and country. We all speak the same language of music!

For the 8 core wire, do not expect better performance. The difference is not noticeable by ear, only scientific measurement equipment.

The upgraded wires (including 8 core wire) has better appearance (fashion), and the wire is softer and more flexible than stock wire. It also makes less noise in your ear when the wire brush against clothes (this is called microphonics).

It is a cheap upgrade to make your earphones more personal and unique. Like if you change to fancy colored shoe laces on your basketball shoes. They make your shoes have more individuality, amd they may also be better “performance” because they will not loosen and make you fall down. But they will not make you Michael Jordan and make perfect jump shots.

Does that make sense?

As far as other models, we will help you but there are many choices. We need to ask more questions before we know what model is good for you. What type of headphone sound do you like? Lots of bass? Good midrange? What about treble? What kind of music is your favorite? Jazz? Classical? Pop music? Trance?
ah ok thanks :) I prefer a flat profile .. I listen to rock but also a bit of pop and jazz

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #34,954 of 63,796
ZSR is great but they are quite big and the nozzles are just too long - after a few minutes one of them will get out of my ear. Should I get the ZS3 or ZS6 for better fit? Or ZSA?
If you are a fan of the ZSR sound, the ED16 is often described as an updated ZSR sound and is much more comfortable. Smaller shell, smaller and shorter nozzle.

Jul 24, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #34,958 of 63,796
If you are a fan of the ZSR sound, the ED16 is often described as an updated ZSR sound and is much more comfortable. Smaller shell, smaller and shorter nozzle.
I read that on several sites as well, and I think they're wrong. Comparing them side to side and with the other recent releases of KZ thrown in, the mids of the ED16 sound more flat and less detailed than its siblings. Also, I find it to miss a hard to describe punch the ZSR has - which makes music so much fun to listen to.

The ED16 definitely has a better fit though.

Jul 24, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #34,959 of 63,796
Different IEMs have different nozzle diameters. For example, Shure E4c has 3mm nozzles. But Pioneer CH9T have 7mm nozzles. So it all depends on the nozzle of your IEM.

I don’t own the ZSA, so I am not sure what size nozzle it has.

Likewise, different tips are made to fit different nozzle sizes. I have some tips that are designed for 3 or 4mm nozzles. And some that are designed for 5 or 6mm nozzles.

If you buy tips that are too small, they won’t fit over the nozzles. If you buy tips that are too big, they will fall off.

There’s literally thousands of different tips and thousands of different earphones, with millions of possible combinations. Think of it like shoes and feet. Feet come in different sizes, as do shoes.

The best thing to do is measure your nozzle with a ruler or calipers, and then check the technical specifications of the tips you are considering (or ask the seller or on HF).

Uh yes, i've done the same thing with foam tips to choose their size for my memt x5, think i'm gonna do that again for zsa tips, hoping i will not get that strange vacuum feeling that i feel with usual silicon tips because of the driver flex (at least i think it's the reason).

I'm sorry I'm Italian, I wanted to know if on other models the 8-core cable improves performance and if you advise me to take it. thanks friend

I'm italian too! Glad to see some italians here finally, we're gently coming into the chi-fi world like many other nations already!

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #34,960 of 63,796
I'm italian too! Glad to see some italians here finally, we're gently coming into the chi-fi world like many other nations already!

Viva l'Italia!

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #34,961 of 63,796
Wait... maybe that's old news now but I didn't read it on the last pages. Is there a new KZ ZST?

37782192_1878178965538572_6790895567640723456_n.jpg

37776209_1878178985538570_2767862309215797248_n.jpg

37708986_1878178978871904_5967775062571352064_n.jpg

Google translated from Facebook:
NEW ZST >>> zst
=======================
Included, I used to use zst for three generations including this model.

For the first edition, the sale of the sound will be minimal, but there is a pointy sound that is more ear-stabbing than the current generation, both models and the first generation, the amount of bass will be less
----------------------------------------
This one inside can see that there is a grilles, a dynamic driver from the previous generation, as I compare, but based on the back of the dynamic driver, the same is probably different, but it's the same model driver. I don't know how true it is, because from the evidence of the evidence, the lid is closed. The body is very close. The previous model, the late one, is the same knit line that is free in kz zs10,. There is a different filter. The Color of the headphones is red, clear and blue, bright, inner body. There are small holes.
Sound story
The sound of zst cheerful has a difference from the previous generation (in the middle version) is that there is an opacity of a slightly reduced sound texture, causing more transparency. The Overall sound sounds a little easier. The Details, the other parts are still original. The Bass sounds fun as usual. In the middle of all the differences, it's from a little bit of a change of headphones, with a new type of line, which makes it all the same, and it's a little different

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #34,962 of 63,796
Wait... maybe that's old news now but I didn't read it on the last pages. Is there a new KZ ZST?

37782192_1878178965538572_6790895567640723456_n.jpg

37776209_1878178985538570_2767862309215797248_n.jpg

37708986_1878178978871904_5967775062571352064_n.jpg

Google translated from Facebook:
NEW ZST >>> zst
=======================
Included, I used to use zst for three generations including this model.

For the first edition, the sale of the sound will be minimal, but there is a pointy sound that is more ear-stabbing than the current generation, both models and the first generation, the amount of bass will be less
This one inside can see that there is a grilles, a dynamic driver from the previous generation, as I compare, but based on the back of the dynamic driver, the same is probably different, but it's the same model driver. I don't know how true it is, because from the evidence of the evidence, the lid is closed. The body is very close. The previous model, the late one, is the same knit line that is free in kz zs10,. There is a different filter. The Color of the headphones is red, clear and blue, bright, inner body. There are small holes.
Sound story
The sound of zst cheerful has a difference from the previous generation (in the middle version) is that there is an opacity of a slightly reduced sound texture, causing more transparency. The Overall sound sounds a little easier. The Details, the other parts are still original. The Bass sounds fun as usual. In the middle of all the differences, it's from a little bit of a change of headphones, with a new type of line, which makes it all the same, and it's a little different

Was it ever proved that the Zst Pro even existed? I've heard some swear it did (phonograph) and others (most here) who thought it was the Zst Colorful. I've had the original and the colorful and thought the sound was exactly the same. I know two is hardly a fair sample size, just sharing my experience thus far. Before we can establish a 3rd generation of Zst, I'd like to see evidence of a true Gen 2.

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #34,963 of 63,796
Was it ever proved that the Zst Pro even existed? I've heard some swear it did (phonograph) and others (most here) who thought it was the Zst Colorful. I've had the original and the colorful and thought the sound was exactly the same. I know two is hardly a fair sample size, just sharing my experience thus far. Before we can establish a 3rd generation of Zst, I'd like to see evidence of a true Gen 2.

I've only heard that rumor in Asian forums. But there's neither proof nor measurements of a good batch between carbon and pro (colorful) to say something that's not a rumor (also most of the people here with both models say they sound identical). But this one there are a lot of visual differences though.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #34,964 of 63,796
I've only heard that rumor in Asian forums. But there's neither proof nor measurements of a good batch between carbon and pro (colorful) to say something that's not a rumor. But this one there are a lot of visual differences though.

it may well be the 2nd generation. I agree that some of the visual cues are enough different to at least suggest it is a new variant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back