Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 24, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #34,936 of 63,834
As others have mentioned, wide bore simply means the center “bore” (ie hole where the sound comes) out is very wide. Compare this to KZ Starlines or Sony Hybrids, or Olive tips, which have a very narrow bore.

Auvio tips are my favorite wide bore by far. They fit as securely as the Starlines, but are wide bore. KZ is nuts for it making these, as they are far superior to their crap Whirlwind wide bore tips:

There’s many other wide bore tips too. Here’s some which I think are originally intended for some Beats IEM (power beats maybe):

Here’s some random/generic wide bore tips:

I even have some wide bore double flange tips, which is nice because most double and triple flange tips have a very narrow bore.

How could you always be so detailed? U crazy man ahahahah

Anyway, are they compatible with every kind of headphone or the connection to the nozzle is even large and could maybe not fit? I mean, they can be mounted on every kind of headphone or the headphone has to have a bigger nozzle end(in terms of diameter)?
Gonna pickup a KZ ZSA i think in these days, i love foam tips as i have driver flex problems with the silicone tips, but i can maybe try again buying new tips.

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #34,938 of 63,834
How could you always be so detailed? U crazy man ahahahah

Anyway, are they compatible with every kind of headphone or the connection to the nozzle is even large and could maybe not fit? I mean, they can be mounted on every kind of headphone or the headphone has to have a bigger nozzle end(in terms of diameter)?
Gonna pickup a KZ ZSA i think in these days, i love foam tips as i have driver flex problems with the silicone tips, but i can maybe try again buying new tips.

Different IEMs have different nozzle diameters. For example, Shure E4c has 3mm nozzles. But Pioneer CH9T have 7mm nozzles. So it all depends on the nozzle of your IEM.

I don’t own the ZSA, so I am not sure what size nozzle it has.

Likewise, different tips are made to fit different nozzle sizes. I have some tips that are designed for 3 or 4mm nozzles. And some that are designed for 5 or 6mm nozzles.

If you buy tips that are too small, they won’t fit over the nozzles. If you buy tips that are too big, they will fall off.

There’s literally thousands of different tips and thousands of different earphones, with millions of possible combinations. Think of it like shoes and feet. Feet come in different sizes, as do shoes.

The best thing to do is measure your nozzle with a ruler or calipers, and then check the technical specifications of the tips you are considering (or ask the seller or on HF).

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #34,939 of 63,834
OK thanks. and about the foam tip do you advise me to order them or do you think that these kz amplify the bass too much? do these whirlwind of kz isolate from outside sounds well enough?
Don't go for foam as the foam shape in your ears can somewhat make bass muffled or boosted. It depends on your ears...

But foam is a gamble between muffle sound and open field response sound

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #34,941 of 63,834
ok thanks, I try first with the kz and then eventually take the tennman .. the measure is the same right? if it is ok the m of the kz I take the m of the tennman?

Yes, the physical dimensions of the KZ and Tennmak are identical. Only the quality of construction, color, and price are different.

Jul 24, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #34,942 of 63,834
6E4F3173-9743-4740-B882-C343998D8E92.png
Tenmak center core or the pipe or anything you want to say is more solid and is better connected to eartip surround. More solid to wear and tear when you start using it.

No sound changes but will last for lifetime.

Silver cable 4core is just aesthetic, the 8core metal connector is a little upgrade in tightening the treble range due to 1/2 impedance compared to normal.
Thanks, is this The 8 core cable?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #34,944 of 63,834
Don't go for foam as the foam shape in your ears can somewhat make bass muffled or boosted. It depends on your ears...

But foam is a gamble between muffle sound and open field response sound
Yes, the physical dimensions of the KZ and Tennmak are identical. Only the quality of construction, color, and price are different.

excuse me in addition to the eartip you advise me to change the cable es4? I know it has been improved, possibly I take the kz one or do you recommend other brands? thank you

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #34,945 of 63,834
excuse me in addition to the eartip you advise me to change the cable es4? I know it has been improved, possibly I take the kz one or do you recommend other brands? thank you

Sorry friend, I don’t have that model.

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #34,946 of 63,834
I have the ZSR. Can ZS6 be described as the same basic sound signature, but with a more boosted treble?

ZS6 is the one with the boosted treble, not ZSR.

ZSR is like an improved ZS6 - no massive 10k treble spikes, as well as better midrange and deeper bass. The ZSR body is larger than ZS6 though, and is plastic vs machined aluminum.

I like them both, but if I was forced to choose only 1, I would have to go with the ZSR. But the ZS6 is very special and unique. In many ways, it is the flagship of KZ (not the ZS10). At least for now.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #34,948 of 63,834
I have the ZSR. Can ZS6 be described as the same basic sound signature, but with a more boosted treble?
I would say yes, someway with:
The bass and sub are a bit stronger on ZSR
Mediums are not recessed on the ZS6
Trebles are strong and a bit sibilant on ZSR, more on ZS6

ZS6 aluminium body is very beautiful but may easily scratch each other in the box

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #34,949 of 63,834
Ok , And about The other MODEL?

Sorry friend, I do not understand what you mean. Please explain more clearly if you can.

You did not mention another model. You only mentioned ES4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back