Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 12, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #33,436 of 63,671
I'm not sure what KZ is trying to say in that statement it sounds like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to me It sounds meaningless and weirdly phrased. What does it mean to you?

Yes, of course I was joking about that part.

It's just gibberish Chinglish - lost in translation somewhere.

dogsign.jpg

That's unfortunate you cancelled your EDR1 order (especially for ~$3ish). Who knows, maybe you would like it more than some of your other stuff. I try not to concentrate on the price tiers, and concentrate on the sound.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #33,438 of 63,671
install 1More Assistant app and tap start to start the burn in
it has become that easy now
this burn in has 4 phases
i am the impatient one so i do the first 2 phases only which are 12 hours each
You're awesome, thanks so much for telling me about this! :) I wish I could hug you right now. I've never thought about using my cell phone as a burn-in device and with this app it's a great idea.

Jun 12, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #33,439 of 63,671
That's unfortunate you cancelled your EDR1 order (especially for ~$3ish). Who knows, maybe you would like it more than some of your other stuff. I try not to concentrate on the price tiers, and concentrate on the sound.
It looks like they shipped them just in time before I could cancel. I'm going to debate about these things with you when I get them. I have 30 other budget pairs to compare them to. Be scared, very scared. :wink:

Jun 12, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #33,440 of 63,671
You're awesome, thanks so much for telling me about this! :) I wish I could hug you right now. I've never thought about using my cell phone as a burn-in device and with this app it's a great idea.
you should also thank @Slater he was the one who told me about the existence of such great app in first place

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:29 AM Post #33,442 of 63,671
LoL

All of you who are doing burn in with sweeps and noise, it will not effect the sound.

Burn in is not done with noise(it takes a huge time with these).

First listen to all the frequency tone with frequency generator at near full volume.

You will find that at some frequency, driver is forcing itself to produce it(clip, noise anything).

Note all those frequency.

Now take pink noise sample of those frequency and burn them about 5hrs at max volume from phone(no amp).

Well burn is used to remove any mechanical resistance from driver and not making the diaphragm more flexible.

Voice coil, spider, and surround is also a factor. And its used to reach ideal F/S parameter.

If their is resistance at 40Hz, then driver will not reach at its lowest as their is peak Q factor affecting nearby values.

Same goes for high frequency.

And burn in will never give you that drastic effects.

Chinese BA tends to be more affected to burn due to critically damped non calculated response. Highly damped movement gets burn to ideal value whereas Knowles make the driver to be critically damped and with better tolerances.

Well after all the frequency point burn.

Do a Gaussian white noise at 30% volume for 5hrs.

You are ready to go.

Why, because an iem has at most 2 peaks

Jun 12, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #33,444 of 63,671
LoL

All of you who are doing burn in with sweeps and noise, it will not effect the sound.

Burn in is not done with noise(it takes a huge time with these).

First listen to all the frequency tone with frequency generator at near full volume.

You will find that at some frequency, driver is forcing itself to produce it(clip, noise anything).

Note all those frequency.

Now take pink noise sample of those frequency and burn them about 5hrs at max volume from phone(no amp).

Well burn is used to remove any mechanical resistance from driver and not making the diaphragm more flexible.

Voice coil, spider, and surround is also a factor. And its used to reach ideal F/S parameter.

If their is resistance at 40Hz, then driver will not reach at its lowest as their is peak Q factor affecting nearby values.

Same goes for high frequency.

And burn in will never give you that drastic effects.

Chinese BA tends to be more affected to burn due to critically damped non calculated response. Highly damped movement gets burn to ideal value whereas Knowles make the driver to be critically damped and with better tolerances.

Well after all the frequency point burn.

Do a Gaussian white noise at 30% volume for 5hrs.

You are ready to go.

Why, because an iem has at most 2 peaks
sounds complicated

Jun 12, 2018 at 7:09 AM Post #33,445 of 63,671
sounds complicated

..and yet, I manage to enjoy my music somehow in spite of the fact that I burn in with normal music at listening volumes. Poor me.

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #33,449 of 63,671
i get why kz floods the market with so many new models--just like gym shoes or cabernets, there's a lot of folks who are more into collecting than using. what i can't quite grasp is why there's so little sonic and (particularly) aesthetic differentiation between their new releases--try as i might i can't see a ton of difference between the zs10, zsr, ed16, etc. if i was mr. kz, i'd be more focused on design, but of course, what do i know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back