Jun 1, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #32,986 of 63,834
a picture of the IT01 next to a ZS6/ZSR/ZST,

I will take a picture

Here are a couple of photos... hope it shows what you are looking to see

from left to right... ZSR / ZST / ZS6 / IT01

R0013367.JPG
R0013371.JPG

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #32,987 of 63,834
What about **** 6in1, is it comparable? And that BGVP DM5 has 1 BA + 1 DD per earphone so overall they have 2 BA + 2 DD right? BGVP doesn't look nice in terms of isolation (just looking at photos tho)
I don't have the other you mentioned but the BGVP is actually 2dd and 2 ba per side. The isolation isn't great but it has more sub bass than anything else I own. I cant recommend it for all music types but for edm, dubstep or even metal its good. Mids are a but thin but eq can help. For a better all rounder with good sub bass the V20 is hard to beat in my opinion.

Jun 1, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #32,988 of 63,834
TRN Bluetooth cable and SpinFit tips just arrived. I'm an instant fan. These tips are so effing comfortable.

IMG_20180601_191919.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #32,989 of 63,834
TRN Bluetooth cable and SpinFit tips just arrived. I'm an instant fan. These tips are so effing comfortable.

I have the same tips and they are very uncomforable for me unless I use a very shallow fit which defeats the purpose. They are also very expensive and have a narrow bore which is not optimal for the sound in many cases.
I assume that for some these will be amazing but I wouldn't recommend them unless you can try them before buying.

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #32,990 of 63,834
I have the same tips and they are very uncomforable for me unless I use a very shallow fit which defeats the purpose. They are also very expensive and have a narrow bore which is not optimal for the sound in many cases.
I assume that for some these will be amazing but I wouldn't recommend them unless you can try them before buying.
I guess I should explain that I'm used to Shure's triple-flange tips, which go much further into your ear than the CP240. Comparing the softness of the silicone between the two, the SpinFits come out on top, which is probably why I think they're comfortable. I totally understand how that might not be the case for some people.

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #32,992 of 63,834
I guess I should explain that I'm used to Shure's triple-flange tips, which go much further into your ear than the CP240. Comparing the softness of the silicone between the two, the SpinFits come out on top, which is probably why I think they're comfortable. I totally understand how that might not be the case for some people.

Yeah, that's understandable. I kept trying to push these Spinfits as much as I could in my ears and it could be that I'm not exactly using them properly, that is, always expecting a deep fit. I have the smallest (blue CP240) and I usually use medium sized tips which might be nudging me to trying to insert them further in than I should. Maybe they should be worn somewhere in between deep and shallow fit.

Jun 1, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #32,993 of 63,834
Yeah, that's understandable. I kept trying to push these Spinfits as much as I could in my ears and it could be that I'm not exactly using them properly, that is, always expecting a deep fit. I have the smallest (blue CP240) and I usually use medium sized tips which might be nudging me to trying to insert them further in than I should. Maybe they should be worn somewhere in between deep and shallow fit.
Best way I've found to insert my tips is to do it with an open jaw. If you can feel some sort of seal there, you're definitely going to have one with your mouth closed. If you went a size down on the tips, that's probably where you're getting your fit issues. I went with Medium and almost feel like I could go a size up and be better off.

The SFs are definitely somewhere in between right in and all-the-way in terms of insertion. With my Dekoni, they barely have to rest inside the canal for a nice fit. Thinking that spin was in the name, I did have better luck if I slowly rotated these on insertion. Also, it might not be completely sanitary, but when the tips are moist, finding a good seal is pretty easy.

Jun 2, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #32,994 of 63,834
Hello! New to the forums here, Can anybody tell if the ES4s are a worthwhile upgrade from ZS3s? What's their main difference? and which has better soundstage? I'm kinda looking for a new IEMs that are less "in your face" sound. ZS3s are great but in my ears, they sound really, really direct in your face (if I'm not making sense sorry!)

Jun 2, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #32,995 of 63,834
For a better all rounder with good sub bass the V20 is hard to beat in my opinion.

Yes, the TRN V20 is a great all rounder. Love mine.

Also, it might not be completely sanitary, but when the tips are moist, finding a good seal is pretty easy.

There are products you can buy to moisten tips. Using saliva does not seem like a good idea.

Jun 2, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #32,997 of 63,834
Mineral oil is good for that and safe for ears. Actually my doctor recommended it to help clean out ear wax.

Great idea. I have some here for use on wood surfaces. I will try that. My ears might get less irritated. I hope it doesn't matter that the oil is at least 10 years old. One reason I don't like to do a-b comparisons between iems is because doing so does irritate my ears. It's like a dry friction. Of course a-b comparisons also do my head in but that's another story.

Jun 2, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #32,998 of 63,834
(My english skills are a bit rusty, sorry for that in advance)

Hey, there. I'm new here and i just received my first IEM. KZ ES4.
Maybe my espectations were a bit higher, or maybe i'm evalutating them wrong.
I had already a 10 years old pair of earbuds (1 neodymium driver 9mm each) , and i'm using them as a comparasion.
The amount of bass frequency is the same
Mids are somewhat lacking, and there are to much highs for my taste.
Now, my old earbuds were a 80$ pair, and the KZ ES4 only costs 15$.
Thinking like that, in that case they exceed a lot my expectations, but if i think as they have the same performance as a 10y old pair of earbuds, eh.

However, they are beautiful and confortable, and the detachable cable is amazing (i got the extra white cable as a early pre-order)

I'm looking for some criticism of my way of thinking.

Edit: I'm using the ALC1220 as amplifier, also, seems that they are getting better over-time.

Posting some photos:

[click to enlarge]

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #32,999 of 63,834
(My english skills are a bit rusty, sorry for that in advance)

Hey, there. I'm new here and i just received my first IEM. KZ ES4.
Maybe my espectations were a bit higher, or maybe i'm evalutating them wrong.
I had already a 10 years old pair of earbuds (1 neodymium driver 9mm each) , and i'm using them as a comparasion.
The amount of bass frequency is the same
Mids are somewhat lacking, and there are to much highs for my taste.
Now, my old earbuds were a 80$ pair, and the KZ ES4 only costs 15$.
Thinking like that, in that case they exceed a lot my expectations, but if i think as they have the same performance as a 10y old pair of earbuds, eh.

However, they are beautiful and confortable, and the detachable cable is amazing (i got the extra white cable as a early pre-order)

I'm looking for some criticism of my way of thinking.

Edit: I'm using the ALC1220 as amplifier, also, seems that they are getting better over-time.

Posting some photos:

[click to enlarge]

Dang! Wish I got the cyan. Looks nice. It was out of stock so I have a black one. Love that green tho.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back