1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. mikp
    been trying the zs3 and trn BT cable, and very surprised by the fit and comfort. The zs3 seems like molded to my ears and much more comfortable than all my other BT Earbuds. Also the cable hugs the neck so nothing pulling on the buds.
    Why have I not tried this before?

Now have to replace another set, so is there another "affordable" alternative to zs3 that has the same shape that fits the trn cables (2 pin or mmcx)?

2. toddy0191
    Did KZ steal your girlfriend?

There are a lot of intelligent, articulate and knowledgeable people on this thread.

Your constant snip(3r77)ing comes across as both arrogant and insulting.

If you hate KZ that much that you are unable to be objective, leave the thread.

3. misterchao
    Bought the KZ ES4 on Ali. Now how long till it ships?

I think any KZ under $20 is a good deal. If the impressions of them on here hold true. I won’t need my ZSTs(I got the for free so might give them to a friend).

Hopefully I can trade my TFZ 5s for ZS10s

4. snip3r77

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    groucho69 likes this.
  5. Spanish deaf guy
    Hi guys is there any problem if the vent holes on the zs5 are uneven? Left one is bigger than right one on mine.

Another user told me that after asking, he realized vent holes in his unit were different too but he never heared any problem.

I don't hear any uneven eq or balance problem, but who knows. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

Heree you can see they are not equal.

Looking at them I don't even think they are vents since they look blocked by a metal ( or at least by a metal coloured one) piece.

What kind of influence have these on sound? Blocked them with tape and didn't hear much of a difference lol

6. snip3r77
    I think it should be ok if you don't find any difference with it.

7. Dickymint
    Nice cable, which one is that? Surely not from KZ?

8. Spanish deaf guy
    It is kz indeed, the brand is engraved in the plastic piece where the cable split.

You can buy it on aliexpress

I would share a link but i doubt it is allowed lol

9. snip3r77
    Yeah kZ makes the most value for money cable and the SQ is just damn good.

10. Spanish deaf guy
    The silver cable just have a better Channel separation, it is all I noticed, and maybe a little more clarity, but just by how sturdy it is...a must have for sure.

11. Bartig
    13A827D8-A99F-4BCF-8B4E-4B161F817CFE.jpeg
    Just bought the KZ ES4. Why? Why not? :p

rayliam80, Zerohour88 and HungryPanda like this.
  12. HungryPanda
    boom.easy.gif

Holypal and Bartig like this.
  13. DocHoliday

He's not potty trained yet.....and our thread is his toilet.

kid_freak_out.gif

When he feels pressure he'll defecate on cue. He's used to the stench but the rest of us should ignore his presence while we reach for the disinfectant.

giphy-15.gif

toddy0191 and Zerohour88 like this.
  14. groucho69
    Well said

toddy0191 and DocHoliday like this.
  15. Otto Motor
    There is zero difference in terms of channel separation and clarity between the stock cable and this silver cable. I have both. Why should there be? Because the "silver" cable looks better? The FR curve could shift with different cable resistance [counts toward the output impedance], but this would not be the case in most single-driver earphones and also not in the ZS5.
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1785#post-13964853

As to the vent hole: just partially fill the bigger hole with blue tack or something like that - use a thin needle. Test the channels by listening to a mono recording.

Impedance ZS10 ZS5 ZSR-2 copy.jpg

ChaoticKinesis likes this.