1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. SciOC
    It's funny you say that because I've always felt Toyota/Lexus to be a complete ripoff that lags way behind the competition in tech/interior quality/comfort...:k701smile:

I think the scale is also worth noting here, at best a Hyundai Genesis runs 75-80% of the cost of a Lexus/BMW. However, similar kz models can run only 10-25% of "comparable" models.... So you could still own your Lexus, and just test out the kz for cheap because why not? I'm going to buy the ibasso it04 for 500 dollars as soon as it's released (4ba+1dd) but I couldn't pass up the 4ba+1dd of the zs10 for $45 dollars. It's worth it just to demo the tech it anything, even if it's not the most polished thing on the planet.

That being said, I completely get why people are a bit bummed that there's not a next gen ZSR type performer, but frankly, the really good ones like the zsr might be more flukey than the mediocre stuff given how kz operates.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  2. rayliam80
    If you love the ZS6 you'll be disappointed with the ZS10. It's not as treble heavy. Darker sounding but I'd say better imaging when it comes to the vocals. It's missing some of the micro details too.

3. Slater
    Keep in mind your ear changes in size as you age, so a CEIM isn't a perfect 'end game' solution.

Make sure the CEIM manufacturers will adjust the CEIM fit down the road (preferably for n/c).

4. Podster
    Diggin' these ZSR's balanced out of my Opy#1:grin:

KZ Balanced.JPG

Bartig, DocHoliday, Slater and 2 others like this.
  5. Wiljen
    Two questions, How old do you think I am and how long do you expect I'll live? Honestly I suspect one pair will make it the rest of my days.

GrassFed, groucho69 and HungryPanda like this.
  6. raccoon city
    What silicone tips fit the KZ ATE-S and are actually any good?

7. Wiljen
    A.) Yes, provided they are the right size
    B.) Completely subjective - Your mileage may vary.

8. Podster
    Well I'm 61 by the calendar, 16 in my mind but my joints have me pegged at about 88:thinking:

9. DocHoliday
    Yeah, I went to the dealership three times and came so close to buying a Phaeton.

What stopped me?

I knew that sales were going to be limited and even fewer people would get the W12 which meant that repairs were going to be a niche market. In the world of auto repairs "niche" means very expensive because mechanics know that you have no other options. In addition, the Phaeton had no track record (read that as a crap shoot). Just couldn't pull the trigger. It was a beauty and it purred like a big cat that just filled its belly with fresh antelope but the W12 Phaeton weighs 5400 lbs. The 12 cylinder engine and all-wheel drive were a nice touch but the aluminum Audi A8 came in at 1,000 lbs lighter. The difference is huge. You'd have to carry the equivalent of FIVE grown men in the Audi "ALL THE TIME" to achieve the same weight as the Phaeton.

Anyway, the thing with KZ is that you get more than your money's worth most of the time and they do listen to us (it's in their best interest to read this thread on an hourly basis). Much of the gear they've released in 2014 - 2016 was great fun to collect and listen to and the ZS6 and ZSR are ridiculously good for the asking price so let's just see which KZ model will "wow" us next.

I'd still like to see some progress in the single dynamic driver area. If the ES4 has a graphene DD then maybe we'll get the improvements we've all been hoping for.
    KZ-ES4-5.jpg
    KZ-ES4-1024x658.jpg

groucho69, HungryPanda and Podster like this.
  10. raccoon city
    Yes, I am aware of both of those points.
    I'm looking for recommendations.

11. Wiljen
    I'd stick with the Kz Star lines - they can be bought in bulk for next to nothing and work about as well as anything.

12. FiGuY1017
    Tried a few more expensive iems and was planning on buying a high end (totl) pair but not sure since I'm so happy with KZ. In the end i perfered KZ by far agianst the few more expensive units. Not sure how much better it gets I'm sure some, but not 1000s of bucks better even compared to my full-size cans.

DocHoliday, rayliam80 and B9Scrambler like this.
  13. RolledOff
    I have several KZ iems, i find them good, but there are other iem in that price range like TinAudio T2, Fen2000, Uiisii CM5, TRN V20 which are awesome.

14. FiGuY1017
    Dlt

15. FiGuY1017
    As far as fun sounding goes I'm all about bang for buck. So I'll have to check those out