1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Otto Motor
    DocHoliday likes this.
  2. toddy0191
    Just been listening to the new Jonelle Monae album in hi res with my EDR1 which have been gathering dust recently.

How dare something so cheap sound so good! Love the bass coupled with very natural sounding mids and highs.

DocHoliday, Slater and HungryPanda like this.
  3. TheVortex
    For any of you guys out there who have the Xiaomi bluetooth adapter.

Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Bluetooth-Audio-Receiver-For-3-5mm-Earphone.jpg_640x640.jpg

What is the sound quality like, battery life and would it easily drive the KZ ZS10 and headphones like Philips Fidelio x2?

Also are the instructions spoken in Chinese only unlike the KZ adapter which is in English and Chinese?

Thanks in advance.

4. Slater
    I use mine with the Fidelio X2 all of the time - sounds great!

I don't have the ZS10, so I don't know about that. But I have almost every other KZ ever made, and it drives all of them fine.

I easily get 5 hours of use out of mine.

The instructions are in Chinese though, so you have no idea what it's saying (ie "shing shoo bing bong"). It's not hard to figure out what it's trying to tell you though, as there's only 1 button for everything, the adapter shows the battery level on your phone, and there's LEDs to show things like pairing etc. Maybe there's a way to switch the language to English like the KZ; it's never bothered me enough to research it.

I would easily trade all of my KZ bluetooth adapters AND my TRN bluetooth adapter for the Xiaomi. Unfortunately, I had already had those things when I got the Xiaomi.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    TheVortex and ssnjrthgr8 like this.
  5. Sylaw

any-thoughts about this review? Is he over bashing the set? or is it true?

6. B9Scrambler
    Is that HBB or someone trying to rip off his "style"? If it is HBB I would stay ten f'ing light years away from his agenda driven content. The ZS10 is good. It does not sound like you're listening out of a paper cup... Dude doesn't even have the cables plugged in correctly. I seriously don't get the KZ hate train that has cropped up recently.

7. HungryPanda
    I like my ZS10 so no complaints here

8. Slater
    Unfortunately, any nut with a camera and an opinion can post a video on YouTube.

9. Aparker2005
    No paper cup here

mbwilson111 likes this.
  10. phower
    Sorry, you seem to have some misunderstanding. The FR looks correct. The treble always looks wiggly in real measurements and that is normal. Here is a real measurement on a dummy head. Keep it as a reference when comparing FR of different headphones.

Free_Diffuse_Field_Response.png

ChaoticKinesis and PacoBdn like this.
  11. WildSeven
    Anyone can give a quick comparison between ZS10 and the Magosi K5/Yinyoo H5?

TheVortex likes this.
  12. Otto Motor
    DISCLAIMER: I WAS PULLING YOUR LEGS - BUT THIS WAS PRETTY EVIDENT

EXPLANATION: I had been claimed from several sides that the KZ ZS10 do not have recessed mids. My FR curve as well as my ears show otherwise.
    • Therefore, jokingly, I posted my FR curve upside down in support of "forward" mids - get it?
    • But at least one didn't get it letting us know that the mids were recessed and the bass was bleeding into the mids. Yes, true!
    • I tried to appease him by rotating the FR curve back to right-way up. But now the labelling was upside down...which confused others.
    I guess I can't make it right to everybody!

And if you don't believe me, please read my review of the ZS10:
    https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zs10.23034/reviews

KZ ZS10 FR copy-1.jpg 2.jpg

bsoplinger, toddy0191 and B9Scrambler like this.
  13. phower
    OK. Got it. The FR of ZS10 looks like the free field response in the graph I posted, even though the peaks don't align.

14. mbwilson111
    Am I allowed to not care about graphs? I want to just listen and enjoy my music.

I like my ZS10...and others...

15. B9Scrambler
    You certainly are, and there are many who are right there with you. Graphs have their place but they're not the be all end all, nor should they be taken as such esp. when they're not professionally done.