1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. phower
    It is extremely easy to try EQing. Try it with this outstanding parametric equalizer from Japan.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teac.jp.musicplayer

Crash course in FR.
    Sub-bass 20-60Hz,
    Bass 60-200Hz
    Midrange 200-2kHz
    Treble 2-8kHz.

Bring voices forward. Increase 200-500Hz
    Take voices backward decrease the same range. This is one of the easiest EQ that will be felt easily.

2. Otto Motor
    I use Apple stuff and have the Onkyo player which looks similar. I used eq-ing for taming the ZS6's treble. You need small fingers to do it well.

3. vladstef
    Finally got ZS10 and here are my measurements (I am very new to measuring so take this with a grain of salt). Channel matching is amazing for the cheapest 5 driver IEM, respect.

ZS10.png

In terms of impressions: The resolution and details are superb and above TinAudio T2 for example. Bass is quite overdone and bleeds into mid range a lot but this is a regular thing for the price. Treble is quite artificial but not piercing, although I think I liked ZS5v1 treble more for some reason. Mid range is overshadowed by bass constantly and vocals lack body in similar fashion to other comparable KZs.
    Sound stage and imaging - it can go left and right to about as much as ZS5v1 but imaging is not as good, depth is ok. It presents a bit of a disjointed picture, I keep trying to figure out exactly what it's doing with the soundscape and I need more time to figure it out, though it's not a good thing for sure.

I do think that they are worth this much money if you have large ears, for sure. They just aren't as amazing as I expected for the sheer number of drivers and I wouldn't call them an upgrade to previous KZ's flagships.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Otto Motor, rfsux, maxxevv and 2 others like this.
  4. phower
    One advantage of BA's is their consistency. So, variation between left and right channels is minimal.

5. CYoung234
    My order just got to me in Paraguay last week. I ordered them on March 19. They had to make it to Miami first, and from there by courier to Paraguay, because the postal system here is very unreliable...

6. sino8r
    I hope the specs change otherwise I'm confused as to how this is an updated ZS6. Maybe a new brand of armatures or drivers at least. I realize that numbers don't matter but to KZ...they seem to!

7. groucho69
    Great idea.

8. Slater
    I ordered those (4) different times, and each time they came to the US in about 2 weeks.

Best deal I got on tips in a long time, as I use the Starlines on the vast majority of my IEMs.

9. riffrafff

EQ? No problem:

[​IMG]

Schiit Audio Loki Mini. Love mine. Prolly not ideal for mobile use, though. :beyersmile:

djmakemynight and rfsux like this.
  10. Wiljen
    Well my Zs10s arrived today and I must say I am thoroughly unimpressed. A very solid step backwards in my estimation. Big-midbass bleed that muddies the mids, still way too much treble energy, and they fit shallow enough that getting a good seal (which is mandatory for them to have any sub-bass at all) very finicky. I'll stay with the Zs6 and ZsR and hope for the Zs5 v1 internals in the Zs6 body in some future iteration.

Not a well done quint at all, no chance this thing competes with the Brainwavz b150 or the Ibasso IT01 let alone their bigger siblings.

skedra, Otto Motor, Bartig and 2 others like this.
  11. Aparker2005
    Hopefully they improve with the 12 driver. Today with my band the zs10 did perform extremely well . Wish they just had the fit of my es3

12. DocHoliday
    Well, perhaps all my proposals and postulating haven't fallen on deaf ears......

.......though the ZSA has clearly been in the hopper for a while.

Maybe, we'll be treated to something quite special if the ZSA is fitted with the 8mm DD because that triple-vented faceplate should open things up quite nicely.

DZ72floV4AAMl7u-1.jpg

The CNC Aluminum housing pays homage to more than just the ZS6.
    To me it pays homage to many of KZ's earlier offerings fashioned from metals.

The ZS6 with its premium housing was a welcome addition to my IEM collection (ummmmm.....three of them) and if the ZSA is properly tuned and mimics the ZS6's build quality then I'll be a happy camper, especially if it's tuned to be a more open and airy ZSR sound signature with quicker bass..

We'll just have to wait and see.

tic toc tic toc....

BTW, I'd still love to see one of these in the......flesh?
    10077313.png

Bartig and Slater like this.
  13. snip3r77
    If eq is a cure then amp companies will be wary

14. DocHoliday
    Slater likes this.