1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Chronofreak
    Just got the ZSR in white! They look amazing if not for the small gap on the left side. It's off-white, ivory coloured.
    [​IMG]

2. mbwilson111
    About two months ago I ordered the 15 pair of medium Starlines for $.99 . At the time they were not shipping to the UK so I had them shipped to my daughter in Michigan. She is visiting me on the 9th of this month,,,next week already! I thought she could bring them to me but they have not yet arrived! How fast did everyone else get theirs?

I went to my ebay listing to make sure I had ordered correctly and , in fact, had them sent to her. I had. I was surprised to see that they now do ship to the UK. So, to make sure I get some, I made another order. This time 15 pairs of large and 15 pairs of medium. My husband has found that sometimes he needs the large and I used one large myself the other day on something...can't remember what:) If the ones sent to Michigan never arrive I won't mind as much as long as I get these. If they eventually turn up in Michigan my daughter can bring them next year:)

CYoung234 and HungryPanda like this.
  3. Otto Motor
    Try a jazz singer with the two earphones. Like Diana Krall. The voice comes out so much smoother and is so much more present in the iBasso and the image is much better rounded. If I listened to drum n bass or hip hop only, this difference would possibly not matter that much to me.

My ZS10 is not a dud and I have captured and described the ZS10's benefits. I also "broke it in" for 150 hrs...this didn't bring the mids forward (it also did not move the mids further back - the horror scenario of every break in). No, as always, the break in didn't make any difference. For perceiving changes in earphones, I rather have to burn my brain in.

Comparing these partials aspects of the ZS10 and the IT01 - as you do - means for their overall impression like comparing the glove departments of a Mazda 3 and a BMW 750.

The reason why I find the ZS10 meh can be found in the large numbers of KZ earphones and other earphones collected over time. This schools one's ears, and you have plenty of comparison. If you have the ZSR, this can be more easily understood.

Admittedly, I have very little experience with EQ-ing. Not sure whether it is a miracle cure.

And if you prefer the ZS10 over the iBasso: good for you! Satisfaction, that's what it is all about in the end. And it safes you some money.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    charlescc2, rfsux and Bartig like this.
  4. Otto Motor
    I ordered mine on 20th March. They have not arrived yet. Heck I hope they ship to Canada and I don't have to pick them up in Aberdeen :).

5. mbwilson111
    I think @Slater has already received several packs of the Starlines. I wonder how long his took.

6. Otto Motor
    It would have been great to have this documented by measurements. This would have put an end to the discussion of "brain burn in" :).

ChaoticKinesis likes this.
  7. BrunoC
    I'm from Portugal and have received the starlines pack in 3 or 4 weeks time. They seem legit. For me it's one of the best eartips ever created.

8. zozito
    My ZS10, buyed on March 27th . Shipped on april 2nd, received on april 12th.

9. Otto Motor
    The best $15 spent is on the following. KZ EDR1 + KZ EDR2 + KZ HDS3. All three together cost $15.

If you want to spend $10, then it is the HDS3 and the EDR1 or 2 (there is not much difference between them).

If you want to go higher, get the KZ ZSR, it appears to be the most universally liked KZ hybrid right now.

If you want a feel of premium, get the highly acclaimed Sony MH1C at $22 on ebay (former list price: $80)...if the deal still exists. This one is audiophile proof.

UPDATE: I forgot the ATE/ATR...apparently identical, but the ATR is cheaper.

Slater likes this.
  10. Otto Motor
    Agreed. I have both and their only difference is colour...which may have a psychological effect according to mbwilson.

Proof here:
    https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=538357965661#

11. mbwilson111
    That Sony does sound great but the cable is so horrible that I could not use it. The fact that it is a J cable is not the only problem for me. It is so strong and rubbery as well and plus the mic ends up hanging stupidly next to your face. I could not hate a cable more. I got the Sony MDR-XB50AP to replace it. No idea if it sounds similar because I could not bring myself to deal with that cable even one more time!

groucho69, Otto Motor and HungryPanda like this.
  12. KainHighwind
    I'm using Xiaomi Mi5. Wish I were you neighbour lol. I don't want to buy too many cheap earphones because I would rather buy an expensive earphone for premium quality rather than some medium quality earphones. :D

Isn't burning is a myth and some articles said that it has no effect at all. I have never tried to burn my earphones.

13. KainHighwind
    I will read these reviews, I leaning toward buying ZST again. :D I bought it when it was flash sale and it only cost $10 usd with mic, lowest price right now is $15 usd with mic...

Slater and mbwilson111 like this.
  14. mbwilson111
    I have only the Carbon color so have only heard that one. My husband has the Colorful but I have not listened to it. If he wants to compare he can but I don't want to bother. I have too much else to listen to. I did think they were calling the Colorful the ZST Pro. Anyway. I would just get whichever one you like the look of best. I did and then I put a TRN black cable on it.

R0013219.JPG

rayliam80, Slater and HungryPanda like this.
  15. phower
    rayliam80, Slater and sino8r like this.