1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    ZSR has a pretty large nozzle.

Still, better to have it too tight than too loose (that didn't come out right LOL)

riffrafff, Adide and DocHoliday like this.
  2. vegetaleb
    Yeah I was tempted to give the adult comparison too :)

Colors likes this.
  3. KainHighwind
    HI guys, which is your recommendation under $15usd? I mostly listen to pop music (songs like My all, Without you, We belong together by Mariah Carey, Close to you by the Carpenters,...). I prefer clear sound with just enough bass, the high notes are clear but not sibilant, vocal and instrument can be heard separately, and the sound is as natural as possible.

I bought a Rock Zircon based on a heavenly praise review on audiobudget.com and it isn't really that good, it's sound is kind of different from my other earphones (KZ ZST which I lost, KZ ZS5 with so much treble). I love my ZST more than ZS5 but ZST was released a long time ago, I don't know if there are other better earphones beside ZST or should I just bought back the ZST.

Many thanks to you.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  4. Slater
    Igor must be making a killing on Zircon affiliate sales LOL

5. mbwilson111
    If you loved your ZST and you miss it, maybe you should just buy another. Then you will not be disappointed.

KainHighwind and Slater like this.
  6. KainHighwind
    Yeah but I want to know if there is better option, just curious tho. :D

7. mbwilson111
    If you want to know what happens to curious people just take a look at my list... LOL.

If I was your neighbor I would let you try a few.

What source are you using?

8. jeromeaparis
    Hi, I believe that there is no better earphone for this price than KZ ZST colorfull, specialy after 100hrs of burn in with pink noise.
    You could try burnin your ZS5 100hrs with white noise

KainHighwind likes this.
  9. Slater
    Give the KZ HDS3 or ATE/ATR a try.

KainHighwind and mbwilson111 like this.
  10. mbwilson111
    I enjoy my ATR.

My ZST is the Carbon version. I have heard that the colorful sounds different/better?
    I like the fit of my ZST but still undecided about the sound I like my ZSR, ZS6, and ZS10 more but those are more expensive. I also love my little KZ ED9. KZ is not the only brand out there... am I allowed to say that in this thread?

11. Slater
    @Vidal always insisted that this was a myth. He had both, and said on more than 1 occasion that there was no difference in sound (only color).

Agreed. It's not talked about much anymore, which is unfortunate because it's very capable and the tuning filters is like having multiple IEMs in 1.

Sure - we'd be doing the guy a disservice if we knew of a non-KZ IEM that fit his bill perfectly and didn't mention it.

12. MariusAB
    Forhaps someone from Europe, could comment, how long he was waiting for his ZS to receive after ordering in Alie. Standard shipping (ordered from KZ Official Store) Is it normal to wait 3-4 weeks, because i have ordered on 04.12 d, but till now didn't received. I believe many of the forum users have much bigger history of the orders from popular KZ sellers so can say, how long does it take for them to receive their orders.

13. Adide
    Mine shipped on April 16th, no updates since 18th arrival shenzen processing center. AK store. Not looking good but whatever, I'm not that eager.

14. Adide
    So casual and natural in your blasphemy lol.
    I envy your courage, shows forum veteran strength hehe.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  15. MariusAB
    ohh, i see that in your case it even worse. Don't know if someone received it faster. I only decided that the info they are giving in alie page is sometimes very far from the truth. it's is impossible to rely on it. i am little bit eager more because that's my firs ZS phones. Perhaps there is some sellers in Alie that waiting time is more acceptable, but as usually don't know which one to try. My Hi fi DAP for example came only two weeks to my doors.