Mids: :relieved:
Detail: :hugging:
Clarity: :innocent:
Sound stage: :smirk:
Imaging: :sunglasses:
Layering: :joy:
Separation: :kissing_closed_eyes:
Summary: :muscle::ok_hand:

The above review may be complete bull and is subject to change without notice. I should write all my reviews this way. So much more concise and to the point.

Soundstage = meh?
I heard from earlier reports of improved soundstage over the KZR which is said to be better than the ZS5v2/ ZS6. Chinese whispers don't LIE!!!

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #31,338 of 63,672
Having received my ZS10 earlier today and from my testing for a couple of hours, I am happy with the sound signature.

To compare I have KZ ZS5 V1, ZSR, **** XBA 6 in 1, KZ ZST, KZ ES3 and a Xiaomi Pro HD which are great with the KZ starline tips.

Also have the TinAudio T2 which I haven't tried yet :)

EDIT - I used to own a ZS6 but sold as I could not get on with the mega treble and the general sound signature of it.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #31,339 of 63,672
Having received my ZS10 earlier today and from my testing for a couple of hours, I am happy with the sound signature.

To compare I have KZ ZS5 V1, ZSR, **** XBA 6 in 1, KZ ZST, KZ ES3 and a Xiaomi Pro HD which are great with the KZ starline tips.

Also have the TinAudio T2 which I haven't tried yet :)

EDIT - I used to own a ZS6 but sold as I could not get on with the mega treble and the general sound signature of it.
Even though ZS6 has elevated treble, it can be fixed easily with a PEQ. ZS6 is a better build and value for money. The elevated treble is useful while playing games and watching movies though not for music.

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #31,340 of 63,672
Apr 23, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #31,341 of 63,672
Even though ZS6 has elevated treble, it can be fixed easily with a PEQ. ZS6 is a better build and value for money. The elevated treble is useful while playing games and watching movies though not for music.

I have tried it with a couple of movies and the bass on some parts was immense but in direct comparison with the ZSR and ZS5 it just sounded wrong like it was wired incorrectly or faulty .

I tried turning the 2 pins around on the cable in case it was wired backwards inside but it didn't really make any difference. Maybe I had a bad pair.

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #31,342 of 63,672
Okay. You convinced me.

Packaging & Accessories: :neutral_face:
Build: :kissing_smiling_eyes:
Cable: :confused:
Ergonomics: :neutral_face:
Bass: :relaxed:
Treble: :relaxed:

The above review may be complete bull and is subject to change without notice. I should write all my reviews this way. So much more concise and to the point.

This review is "Pod" approved:thumbsup:

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #31,343 of 63,672
I listened a couple of nights ago to the ZS10 belonging to my husband who received his the day before. He received multiple items which is one reason that some "regulars" may not have said anything yet. Personally I like to wait a few weeks before saying much. I will say that I really enjoyed my listen with the ZS10. I listened to several albums that I know well and was not aware of any glaring faults.

Good one! I had mine full of cold viruses from the measurement friend and am following suit after these little rascals have hopefully died - racking up hours. My impressions change all the time so far without any direct comparison. Comparing with other iems, that's what I did first.

A few things for sure: amping/source does not matter much (confirmed by impedance graph), included eartips are fine (for my ears), and they are no duds. The devil in the detail will have to be established.

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #31,344 of 63,672
Hey KZ! :astonished:You listening? :wink:

Just in case they do actually peruse this thread. Look at all the folks who like the tremble cannon ZS6 (and even the ZS5 v2). Then look at the folks who are, if not complaining, unhappy or underwhelmed with the bass and sub bass of the ZS10. How about producing a model with all the bass of the ZS6 with the crossover controlled sound of the mids and highs of the ZS10? I'd doesn't need to have 10 speakers, honestly, the count isn't important. Its the sound. You've shown from past models that you can tune IEMs and not just stick speakers in a shell. You've produced sound in portions of the spectrum in different models that people like. Just put it together.
Is there really no crossover in it? I was told that multi-driver iems almost always have a crossover. Hasn't somebody shown a photo of it?

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #31,345 of 63,672
Okay. You convinced me.

Packaging & Accessories: :neutral_face:
Build: :kissing_smiling_eyes:
Cable: :confused:
Ergonomics: :neutral_face:
Bass: :relaxed:
Treble: :relaxed:

The above review may be complete bull and is subject to change without notice. I should write all my reviews this way. So much more concise and to the point.…
:relaxed:??? :scream::kissing_closed_eyes::unamused:

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #31,346 of 63,672
Just got my replacement red ZS6 from the ones I gave my buddy in Texas last month, still waiting on my Benjie S5 in the slate gray to arrive. Probably been sitting in a bin at the local post office for a couple weeks now since USPS has now decided to give China orders back seat service:rolling_eyes: Watching the news the other night and saw where orders and boxes upon boxes were just sitting in carts at the post office where the staff get to them when they get time!! Come on Benjie, I miss U:cry:

Under 50.JPG

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #31,347 of 63,672
Is there really no crossover in it? I was told that multi-driver iems almost always have a crossover. Hasn't somebody shown a photo of it?
The original ZS5 v1 didn't have a crossover. I believe that there's a simple single R/C network in the v2 and ZS6. That's a low or high pass filter, ie it would limit the dynamic drivers from playing highs and possibly mids depending on the values of the components or the BA from playing lows. I'm not convinced that there's any limitations on the range of the BA in them just because of how strong the highs are and I'm thinking its just to limit the DD. It'd be easy enough to calculate the frequency if you know the value of the components. Plug in the values into both the low and high pass filter calculations and see which value makes sense. The ZS10 has a circuit board although again all I've noticed on it was capacitors and resistors. But there's enough to imply that the upper range units are cut off from playing lower range etc. The mid BA can get both a low and high pass filter, etc. In other words finally a fully realized crossover.

All this is just my opinion. I'm too lazy to break open my KZ products to get the necessary values and trace the wiring to see which, if any, filters are wired to which drivers.

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #31,348 of 63,672
Isn't he trying to say that they should add the ZS6 bass in addition to the crossover mids and highs the ZS10 has?

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #31,349 of 63,672
Just got my replacement red ZS6 from the ones I gave my buddy in Texas last month, still waiting on my Benjie S5 in the slate gray to arrive. Probably been sitting in a bin at the local post office for a couple weeks now since USPS has now decided to give China orders back seat service:rolling_eyes: Watching the news the other night and saw where orders and boxes upon boxes were just sitting in carts at the post office where the staff get to them when they get time!! Come on Benjie, I miss U:cry:
Are you in Canada? I thought that's where there are containers upon containers of packages requiring hand sorting because of malformed addresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back