1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. phower
    That's not ED9. It looks liked ED SE

DocHoliday likes this.
  2. WildSeven
    Looks like they are playing with their left and right hand game. My ZS10 is been showing waiting for pick up for almost 2 weeks now. :thinking:

3. HungryPanda
    as long as they come eventually

4. Prim8NChief
    Is the warranty valid no matter which website I purchase the headphones from? I'm looking at Newegg right now and they have a sweet price on one of the KZs.

5. Sebilion
    "VBESTLIFE HIFI Amplifier, Mini HIFI Stereo Headphone Earphone Power Amplifier AMP 3.5mm AUX Digital Audio Player for Smartphone"

That's what I got, I don't think it has a DAC, but I am still a newbie when it comes to audio technology so I can't be sure

6. Sebilion
    • Mini HiFi Amplifier: It is delicate, compact, lightweight, and portable so that it can be carried conveniently
    • 3.5mm AUX Input and Output: 3.5mm AUX input and output, 95DB SNR and THD+N <0.006%, make it possible to output not just louder sound, but also sharper and more real stereo sound without distortion
    • Rechargeable Lithium Battery: It adopts a rechargeable lithium battery with 200mAH capacity, which allows it to stay working long time
    • Compatibility: It is specially designed for mobile phones, but also can be used to car audio, outdoor speaker and so on
    • HIFI Sound: Noise reduction function, and distortion with enhanced dynamics, perfect pure stereo effect, HD voice music sound quality optimization
    Output power: Max: 300mw * 2 / 300mw * 2 / 300mw * 2 / 300mw * 2 / 300mw * 2 / 16Ω
    Frequency / response: 2-27KHZ 27KHZ
    Signal to noise ratio: 95DB
    Dynamic range: 90DB
    Separation: 70DB
    Distortion: ≤0.00 6%
    Input impedance: 32 Ω
    Output impedance: ≤ 200 Ω
    Operating temperature: -40℃ ~ 60℃
    Storage temperature: -40℃ ~ 85℃
    Storage humidity: 10% ~ 90%
    Battery: Built-in lithium battery, 200mah (Charged by a Micro USB cable)
    Battery endurance: Approx. 30 hours
    Size: 70 * 25 * 10mm / 2.76 * 0.98 * 0.39inch
    Color: Gray (Shown as the pictures)
    Package weight: 40g

These are all the specs of the amp, it doesn't say about a DAC. But it sounds good, that's all I know

7. Superluc
    That output impedance spec don't seem right, maybe is casually put there by the seller but not measured.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  8. Prim8NChief
    So in addition to my warranty question, are these from this source legit? They're so cheap it has me concerned.

9. phower
    Screenshot-2018-4-11 Nokia 8 review Connecting the dots.png
    If the specs are correct, that output impedance is definitely not good. Even modern smartphones only have ~ 10 ohms output impedance.

Did you try directly from some other smartphone? A amp is not strictly necessary for IEMs. Also, the Nokia 8's IMD is about 0.282 which is actually quite high even though one could argue whether it is audible.

P.S. Your HTC 10 actually has better sound quality. Strange isn't it?

10. Otto Motor
    Doc, your word in god's ear. I already have the EDSE in my shopping cart at the official KZ store but I have reasonable doubts they exist. Reasoning from the following observations:

1. Their EDSE with mic looks like the EDR1.
    2. Their "gold plated" EDSE without mic looks like the EDR2 - which is certainly not gold plated as it is silver in appearance.
    3. The KZ official store does not offer the EDR1 or EDR2...go figure.
    4. They have two versions of the ED9: one looks like the ED9 and the other like the EDR1 (or EDSE).
    5. Optically indistinguishable EDR1, ED9, and EDSE? Do I believe it?
    6. Another case of "the emperor's new clothing"?

This all is very inconsistent. Were the EDSE labelled as such on the box?

Could it be that the KZ official store are a bunch of...now I can say it...bullshitters :)?

Banners and Alerts.jpg

11. mbwilson111
    I do prefer the preformed tubing shape over the memory wire, BUT the one time I removed the memory wire I hated the result. Having no shaping at all just left it to tangle in my long hair making the IEMs more difficult to remove.

I find the ZS6 very comfortable and perfect for me with the Starline tips.

Uh oh....so those of us who are waiting for reviews before deciding whether or not to get the ZS10 will not get the nice cable?

djmakemynight and HungryPanda like this.
  12. paulindss
    I can't confirm. But i've read somewhere that the braided cable are for the pre-sale units or something.

13. bsoplinger
    I too remember seeing a post giving that impression also. That the braided cable would be available as an extra item but for the initial release it would be included at no charge. Darn if I remember which thread I saw that on though which makes the memory no very helpful :cry:

paulindss likes this.
  14. Prim8NChief
    Do you think you need to order from Gear Best to get the braided cable? I was thinking of ordering from a cheaper option like GeekBuying.com or aliexpress.com.

15. DocHoliday
    I do not wish to be rude but I must state things clearly, Otto.

giphy (0).gif

This IEM is clearly the ED9.
    HTB12ws_KpXXXXcLXXXXq6xXFXXXS.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

I stated very clearly that both the EDR1 and the EDSE look identical.

Please provide the link so we can verify your assertion. The link I found shows no such thing.

https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/32330216306.html?trace=storeDetail2msiteDetail

The fact that the store is offering the EDR1 as a gift when you order a ZS6 from them is verification that they do have the EDR1. They may have pulled all existing EDR1 stock to be able to fulfill their promotional promise. It clearly notes that the promotion is for a limited time.....sooooo, the rational deduction is that the "KZ Official Store" may have a "limited supply" of EDR1's, but please note that the EDR1 were never originally shipped with the proprietary eartips shown below.
    Screenshot_2018-04-11-17-37-18.png

The rational deduction is that the "KZ Official Store" simply mislabeled an IEM on the store page.

The rational deduction is that the "KZ Official Store" simply mislabeled an IEM on the store page.

I stated very clearly that both the EDR1 and the EDSE look identical.
    I stated very clearly that I have both.
    I stated very clearly that they sound different.

Could it be that the "KZ Official Store" simply mislabeled an IEM on the store page?

If having no stock of a two year old IEM suggests to you that they never existed.......even though I stated clearly that I have both.......then perhaps there are more serious concerns.

Talk to us, Otto; what's going on?
    Consider this an.....

Screenshot_2018-04-11-18-53-21.png

Just kidding but you walked right into that one.

Niqeres, TLDRonin and B9Scrambler like this.