1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Makahl
    In the future... KZ ZS2000

$2000 because it sounds good!

2. Slater
    Yeah, if that is any indication of the future of KZ, I’m going to just stick with the old stuff.

I mean, you can buy KZs that sound great for $4-$10: EDR1, EDR2, ATE, ZS3, HDS3, ZN1 Mini, ED9.

I sincerely doubt the ZS10 at $64 is going to sound so much better than the EDR1 that it justifies a 16xs higher cost.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    vegetaleb likes this.
  3. Slater
    If most other full-bodied IEM fit you, such as the ZS3, ZS5, ZS6, ZSR, etc I would stick with the CM5 L size. Especially since that’s the size every comment you’ve ever heard about the CM5 is referring to up until now.

Since no one had the S size yet, and the body is smaller, there’s no guarantee that the sound will be the same.

The ergonomics of the CM5 are awesome - it’s probably the most comfortable IEM I own other than the W1 Pro.

4. Slater
    ZS6 was even on sale for $19.99 at Gearbest on more than one occasion.

5. oyobass
    ...And probably will be again.

6. nxnje
    @Slater can u tip me away how to train my comparison level?
    I mean.. i saw on the forum there's a vocabulary about the therms people use to describe sounds, and i know some of em, but i really wanna train my self in distinguish them from iems to iems.

Another thing is i saw many people can retrieve graphs about how a iem sounds. Could you please tell me how can i do that? I mean things like this :

7. Wiljen
    @Slater just hit exactly the point I was going to make. With the scaling of price point of the newer Kz models, at what point do they become an "also-ran" and no longer represent the value that they once did at a lower price point?

At $60, I can buy any of the following new:
    Soundmagic PL50
    Tin Audio T2
    TFZ series 3
    Dunu Titan or CKR10
    PMV A-01
    Brainwavz b100
    Macaw GT100
    Shozy Hibiki
    Havi B3
    BGVP DM5
    Ostry 06
    VSonic VDS3s
    Senn CX3
    Fidue A65

You also have to consider things like the Shure 215 and Westone UM1 as they are now within striking distance if you catch a good sale.

There are too many good choices in that price range to feel like the Kz represents good value unless it really steps up its game. If you drop the price point to $40 - all of those competitors fall off the list and you have a much easier field to compete with.

8. Lifted Andreas
    I know, but I want to be the first! :D

Also, I've always preferred the smaller housings... my ears aren't that small but smaller IEMs just feel more comfortable for me.

Slater likes this.
  9. Nikostr8
    Must resist the temptation of CM5... i already have 2 earphones incoming :sob:

By the way, is the zs10 the only one being released in a few?

Lifted Andreas likes this.
  10. oyobass
    With apologies to Paul Simon:

KZ only knows,
    Kz makes its plans,
    The information is unavailable to the mortal man.

Could be the release date is slip-sliding away.

( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Looks around and ducks.)

11. Lifted Andreas
    Nooo, give into the temptation ! It's totally worth it :D

Slater likes this.
  12. groucho69
    So in 6 weeks, 30?

13. Saoshyant
    Before anyone gets the orders from today, Gearbest will most likely have a sale going. This time I'm waiting.

rayliam80 and groucho69 like this.
  14. Slater
    Agreed; CM5 has a graphene dual-dynamic driver. That right there is all the reason you need LOL

I'm rocking out with the CM5 as I type this :)

15. wuf
    What kz would you recommend if bass is priority?