1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. NeonHD
    I'm pretty sure this has already been covered here, but wow I just found out about KZ's newest 10 models:

[​IMG]

Honestly so excited when they release, I wonder how they all sound, and if it's a step above their current offerings.

charlescc2 likes this.
  2. Selenium
    I want that quin-driver! Gimme

3. Kevang
    Has anyone managed to remove the tacky cursive writing from the ZSR's housing? I've tried both 91% isopropyl alcohol and nail polish remover but to no avail.
    If there's one thing that's really bugging me about KZ's newest releases, it's the weird scribbles they plaster on otherwise pretty designs.

4. bsoplinger
    I went so far as to use the set of sanding / polishing sponges I have (1200 to 9600 grit) to see if I could remove the writing on the ZSR and it didn't work. I'm guessing that the writing is either embedded in the shell meaning inside because the shells may be made from multiple layers of whatever material they use or on the inside of the shell, although I don't think that's the case.

5. fluteloop

Balanced is for massive long cable runs, live pa's, studio's etc, i believe it was to combat latency and having wierd echo sounds. I could be wrong, i wonder how much difference it has on these baby cables.

Another thing that comes to mind is with those setups they can use ime alignment snd balanced alorithm to hone the sound, there's also more activity going on in the hardware, the clocks and data on the line, not something i would have thought audiophiles would be foaming about.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2018
    WalterTorino likes this.
  6. Roboturner913
    I like that red one....yz39. any release dates on any of these?

7. Strat Rider
    Recently I decided to place a black rubber o-ring over the ZSR nozzle to space the whirlwind tips out further.
    instead of flush or near flush, the mesh is now recessed about 1mm.
    I found that the fit and sq was improved.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Slater, DocHoliday and HungryPanda like this.
  8. NeonHD
    I hope that the YZ49 uses the exact same drivers as the ED9, just with an extra BA, because the ED9 has the best V-shaped sound I've ever heard.

9. Strat Rider
    i am currently listening to my edr2. Being my first non-hybrid KZ, I think I have been way behind. I like the shape, and weight a lot

Otto Motor, Slater and DocHoliday like this.
  10. hakuzen
    if you only need a simple and very portable dac/amp, i've tried smsl idea (= sabaj d2) and like it very much. it gets a bit hot and some people find buzz when using some phones (easily fixable though), but the clean (very low noise and distortion) and transparent sound, and low output impedance, compensate any small cons.
    you can find detailed measurements here (and workarounds in comments): https://archimago.blogspot.com.es/2017/05/measurements-smsl-idea-usb-dac.html
    check it to see if power is enough for your needs.

11. bsoplinger
    Just a bit of warning. A year ago there were hints of upcoming models from KZ and some never saw the light of day. I'm suggesting a wait and see approach to all things new from KZ

12. CoiL
    You could try denaturated spirit, make paper "wet" with it and wrap in food-plastic for a while. Furniture restorators use this method to remove laquer and stain from wood.

13. bsoplinger
    I've done similarly. Since the small size ear tips are always way too small for me I use them to make my spacers. I turn the tip inside out and cut off the part that goes over the nozzle. I then cut that in halves or thirds depending on how much spacing I think I need. Put it on the nozzle first and then the actual ear tip I want to use.

14. Slater
    How long did you let it sit on for?

15. Strat Rider