1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. WalterTorino
    Lol, i got one) But it's not very ugly i guess :) IMG_20180302_200315.jpg

2. nadezhda 6004
    How much is the balanced cable (2.5mm) for ZS6 at gearbest?

3. DocHoliday
    Ever since the topic came up in this thread a few days ago nearly all of the prices for 0.75mm 2-pin aftermarket upgrade cables have nearly doubled in price which means the seller's are price-gouging because they see us coming so I'd wait a while and let them sit on their stock since they seem to want to take advantage of us here. I had a full order set to go with a total price of $108 for 5 cables. That price, for the same exact cables is now in excess of $200. They can keep their cables. KZ's upgrade cables aren't as pretty/handsome but they haven't changed the prices just because they saw us coming, so......

It's been said that character is what you do when no one else is looking. Now we know a little more about the character of some of the sellers that monitor this thread. I always say, give a person with low character enough rope and he will surely hang himself.

Choose wisely!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  4. WalterTorino
    Blin, tell me why some of you boys and girls want balanced cable? Do you have players that have only 2,5mm entrance? Actually, balanced stuff were made for proffessional using if you have to work with long cables for example. Everything you get with balanced stuff is higher price and maybe less noize in headphones. Is it worth it??

fluteloop likes this.
  5. CoiL
    Depends on source gear. It`s not about 2.5mm socket/jack (there are different size socket/jack). It`s about balanced-output in Your player with separated/independent DACs&opamps for each channel. If You have such balanced output, then it is worth it imo.
    If You don`t have balanced output and just want to have "balanced" cable, then of course no use of it. Some novice users think that just buying balanced cable makes everything better, despite having SE output, LOL.

charlescc2 and WalterTorino like this.
  6. mrmoto050
    I bit the bullet and ordered some Balanced cables for my ZS6. At least I don't have to worry about quality.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  7. WalterTorino
    Thanks!
    Yep, i know that it's not only about 2,5mm. entrance, it's about 4-pin connector too for example. And for sure output is a main thing.
    As i know balanced kind of connection almost "kills" any LF. At least makes amount of LF is much less than it could be.
    Is it true?

8. MrSlim
    What is your info to back that up? A balanced connection should have no bearing on frequency response, if done properly. In fact, most balanced outputs should have more power(and thus more control) since both sides of the connection are driven (ie L+ and L-, vs L+ and ground/return)

Now that I think about it, a balanced connection could have lower impedance, which means that it would be able to better control the drivers, and thus sound "tighter" and better controlled. Less bloated.. but thats a good thing right? :L3000:

9. nadezhda 6004
    I have L&P L3 player with a balanced (2.5mm), SPDF and 3.5mm outputs. According to the reviews using a balanced cable makes the player sound as if it is a different device (for the better but not worse). I bought mmcx balanced cable (for Sendiy M1221) for 15 bucks but it sucks to buy a balanced cable for ZS6 twice as much.

WalterTorino likes this.
  10. nadezhda 6004
    How much and where (you bought it from)?

11. WalterTorino
    I do not argue about it, it seems to be logical, but on a couple of russian music web-pages I saw information that balanced connection can cause a bass loose. Maybe it's true if it made not properly?

12. WalterTorino
    Thank you for information, it's interesting :)
    I agree about zs6 situation - it's almost useless to use such cable with them.

13. mrmoto050
    $39.00 Amazon on line.

14. jeromeaparis
    DocHoliday likes this.
  15. bsoplinger
    Nice review. Reading it reminded me of a pet peeve with the latest KZ offerings. What's with the lipless nozzle design? Doesn't KZ realize just how infuriating it is to lose ear tips left behind in your ear canal? Especially when its solely because of a poor design?