1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Slater
    The advantage of the washer (besides being able to convert them into filters), is that it provides the bore size restriction for you (allowing the use of any tips).

In the mean time, you could try some silicone tips with realllly small openings. I mean, smaller than the KZ Starlines, which are 4mm. The KZ EDR2 comes with such tips, and if you look around Aliexpress you can find some. The smaller the bore the better.

You could also try this method the Russian audio community developed (I would try it with and without the stock "cheese grater" nozzle screen though): https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1848#post-14013203

HungryPanda likes this.
  2. CoiL
    Seriously consider trying these tips as they have quite "small" lower center bore but soft rubber that fits well and secure for ZS5v1, keeping nozzle inner diameter actually large:
    [​IMG]
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...phone-Earphone-Free-Shipping/32800300429.html

3. bsoplinger
    I solved this problem for myself using foamies by buying ones with a smaller bore, 4.0mm and 4.5mm, instead of the default 4.9mm. I'd guess that a similar solution would help you but unfortunately all I know of are silicone tips with a 3.0mm bore for things like Westone and some NuForce. Perhaps a search on Aliexpress.com explicitly for 4.0mm silicone ear tips might yield useful results.

4. Puggie
    Hi All

So I had a look at the ZS6, the BAs look identical through the nozzle I could only see the exits though, not the sides to read anything, or the rears to check for passives.
    The wiring is + and - in on the connector, this goes to the 10mm Bass driver, the -ve wire distributes to all drivers, the BAs have a 19.0Ohm resistor in series with their +ve cable and are wired in parallel, the 6mm sub driver has a 13.2Ohm resistor in series with it on the back. Everything seems to be assembled with a sensible modest amount of quality very flexible glue. I will try and post some pics later.

If anyone esp UK based has a dead pair or odd driver I could exchange for a few beer tokens to dissect further, let me know. I'd be interested in the casings to have a play with some drivers I have.

hakuzen and CoiL like this.
  5. SiggyFraud
    So I had to open up my left ZSR today - the part marked in the pic got pushed in while inserting the 2 pin cable, and there was some residue in one of the vent holes. Managed to fix both issues and put it all back together. No sound deterioration so far.
    Anyway, I thought some of you might want to see the pics.
    IMG_20180226_205452.jpg
    IMG_20180226_205741.jpg

hakuzen, CoiL, C2thew and 4 others like this.
  6. durwood
    That was my ZS5v2 graph slater linked you to, I just received my pair of black ZS6. I will measure the ZS6 tonight against that ZS5v2 again so you can compare straight up. I don't think the treble is tamed, I find them both bright but tolerable at lower listening levels. If anything I think the ZS5v2 seems brighter just because the relative bass level is lower making the treble more prominent on the ZS5v2, but I need to do more comparing.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    CoiL, DocHoliday and Slater like this.
  7. mrmoto050
    My original pair were black and the new ZS6 I purchased are Grey (which I am not sure they offered color when I bought black) I notice a difference between the 2, the grey ones are more balanced overall Bass/Mids/Highs to me. I have not taken them apart other than the sides off . Did not take internals out.

DocHoliday and base08 like this.
  8. mrmoto050
    Agreed, the grey one is the new color that wasn't offered before.

9. zazaboy
    So the grey one is v2 ... What about red KZ zs6?

10. groucho69
    AFAIK no one has proven that a V2 exists.

DocHoliday, mbwilson111 and cottonbud like this.
  11. Puggie
    This is my grey ZS6s, opened up. _20180226_222722.JPG _20180226_222639.JPG

12. HungryPanda
    I'm sure my red ZS6 sounds different from my Green ZS6. It must be the tips

13. zazaboy
    @HungryPanda what sounds different mids,treble or soundstage which do you like more the reds or greens ?

14. zazaboy
    and btw why are kz zs6 sound different from each other why does some users report that they are different in the mid lows/mids/high arent those the new versions I dont get it

15. cottonbud
    Mostly because people hear things differently. Sometime because manufacturing defects and wrong cable polarity.

groucho69 likes this.