1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. HaNs SuPeR
  2. Mellowship
    I know what you mean!

IMG_20180205_163405.jpg

3. Podster
    Nice Mellow, lookd good on the ZS3. Any change in sound with the SP cable? I'm so lazy I could just take mine off my ZS6 and put it on my 3:rolling_eyes: Guess I wanted to see what t you thought before trying!

Mellowship likes this.
  4. Mellowship
    Hey Pods, thanks. I think this cable looks good in every IEM. As for the sound, I believe it is better than the stock cable (but could be the "optical illusion")... It's not nearly as rubbery and sticky, goes around the ear well, very comfy and has a great length.
    What really did a great difference was the steel mesh instead of the red nylon one. Bass is tamed, and the ZS3 just went up on my preference list. The soundstage is unbelievable for such a cheapo IEM...
    And the overall comfort is just another reason I've been sporting these much more frequently than the ZS5 mkI (also with the grey wonder cable)!

5. mrmoto050
    At work will post later if I have time.

6. skajohyros
    Even with 1 BA glued shut and foam tips they are still too sibilant for me.
    Close to perfect for me would be zs6 bass and mids, more balanced highs and the phenomenal soundstage of the zs5.

7. Podster
    Yeah, I like how supple this cable is and the wire cut out it lays nicely over my ears. I'm really going to be mad if these tri-braid cables oxidize and turn greem like those first after market ones (The dang Silver TFZ cables did the same thing one my S1S)!

If I would have known these white cables would turn I would have bought more of these.

Gotcha @mrmoto050 , will check back later:beerchug:

8. Willber
    Actually they're $36 USD ($49 SGD) so about a third of the way...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  9. Slater
    Yup, swapping the red filter with a stainless one is as important on the ZS3 as removing the foam.

The people doing the foam mod but leaving the crappy red mesh are short changing themselves. Just doing one without the other is like eating a peanut butter (only) sandwich or a jam (only) sandwich.

I'd rather have a peanut butter AND jam sandwich!

oyobass likes this.
  10. Slater
    That's very very close to describing the ZSR...

11. CoiL
    Thanks for recommendation. I actually like rather laid-back/distant (but not recessed) mids like ZS5v1. I don`t like very foward (inside Your headstage) mids (like LZ A2S for example) and bass/midbass "bloom", softness and leaking into mids is not what I want (that`s what I read out of reviews).
    IT01 seems to be more what I`m looking for :wink:

12. DocHoliday
    HTB1DhSfnxrI8KJjy0Fpq6z5hVXaR.jpg

And when the stock has cleared of the ZS6(i) then I'll be ordering those pewter ZS6(ii) and this $27 cable. Should be a great combination.

$27 WooEasy 2-pin 7N 3.5mm ZS5 ZS6.jpg 10059302.jpg

Currently listening to the ES3's and that bass is addictive. Check it with this track. It's just BOOMMMMMmmmmmm..... boommm.. BOOMMMMmmmmm

Or better yet....
    Un....freakin....believable!

If you look you can see the Ferry Building all the way down Market Street (way back then).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
  13. DocHoliday
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll compare the ZSR with various cables and maybe pick up one or two others.

61jugtrJnmL._SL1500_.jpg Yellow ZSR.jpg
    By the way, Podster, my tri-braids turned green.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
    hydroid likes this.
  14. nofacemonster
    Thank you so much for this clarification. I accidentally bumped in to your post but I've been searching for an answer like this all night yesterday.

Slater likes this.
  15. Infected Mushroom
    Is that the hole right above the dynamic driver? What effect does it have on the sound? And also is it easy to remove if I don't like it?