1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. DocHoliday

Which did you like more the ED10 or ED11?

khighly, herein is the consummate and classic EDM track (featuring the inimitable Jan Johnston).
    If this doesn't sound incredible on the IT03 then the IT03 at $260 is not for me. Check out that bass.

2. Slater
    Great idea!

I assume you have to make sure the strip is going the correct direction, so that it passes on top of the BA drivers (and not a random direction)?

Like this photo:
    Micropore tape mod.jpg

If that is the case, I would think you would have to remove the nozzle mesh to determine the exact orientation of the BA drivers before placing the tape (otherwise, you could line it up wrong). And I have seen where the orientation varies from IEM to IEM, so you would have to check on an individual basis.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Makahl, charlescc2 and hakuzen like this.
  3. SomeTechNoob
    I'd probably just put it under a light and line it up. Too much work removing the mesh lol.

4. Mr.HiAudio
    A new method of narrowing the sound guide from Russian :D.
    You need to cut off the nozzle as in the photo and insert it into the sound guide. And that's all! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shawn71, hakuzen, HungryPanda and 4 others like this.
  5. DocHoliday

I actually did the first mod way back in October.

61gpFoG+O8L._SL1600_-1.jpg

Used the ZS3 red nylons.

61M8hyQI-GL-1.jpg

charlescc2, hakuzen and Slater like this.
  6. djmakemynight
    Yeah, quite in line with what I am hearing as well. Just love the sub bass resonance from the CM5.

Slater likes this.
  7. DocHoliday

Knowledge Zenith should be producing those since Sony is no longer doing it. People like me have scoured the www for over a year trying to obtain them.

Thanks for the reminder.

8. Slater
    Easier on the ZS5. Near impossible on the ZS6 because the nozzle screen is polished and the light reflects back into your eyes.

9. kukkurovaca
    What if you black out the screen with a sharpie or something?

10. Slater
    I think that's why they made Symbios (they saw a niche). Too bad they are so expensive...

11. Slater
    Yeah, that might work. Give it a try and let us know if that method works.

12. durwood
    A transparent diffuser of sorts. Easy to try, thanks.

13. HungryPanda

14. Podster
    Love that cable Doc:beerchug: As seen in pics I have plenty of those cases with the KZ brand on them, perfect size for larger shelled iem's. I'll update you on the Pewter ZS6 once I've had a chance to burn them for 40-50 hours plus A/B with my Red/Blacks:wink: And to finish off on KZ at first I did not think the ED11 was any better than the 10's other than the brass back was a more solid look but after some time and switching around the 11 did have a cleaner signature for me especially with higher end high res DAPS. I've read and do realize everyone did not hear what I now hear but with most portable gear period ones MMV!

Let's jump track for a minute and get into expectation, for my $250 the MD NobleX was a let down compared to my MD Mee PX's at less than half the price (Never went for the IT01's so I can't be in that convo) but IMO Noble really went bare bones on the "X" and once again in this old man's opinion for 250 Bones Noble should have put a better cable in them and tips they know enhance a bottom basement offering:rolling_eyes: But I can say I own a pair of Noble's and the Classic Universal casing:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Noble X-Mass.JPG

Liking you and the Panda's EDM guys:) When I say I'm old this was EDM of my youth:open_mouth:

I don't want to hear any smirking or laughing from you young bucks/buckette's (Did not want to leave @khighly out:thumbsup:)

Now with that said I danced with many a beautiful German women when I got stationed in Germany AF/76 (And after 6 or 7 liter's some that may been a little less beautiful):rolling_eyes:

Of course back them it was referred to more as Electronica or Synthwave, here's a couple bands that I really liked and usered in a whole new bunch of artist come the 80's!

R.I.P. to the late great Edgar Frose

15. HungryPanda
    I was in my final year of high school when that was a hit :)