1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Wiljen
    Well I got a listen this evening and I have to say the Zsr is not a step up from the Zs6 for me. Big bass, with good extension but a pretty large mid-bass hump. Mids are recessed (probably partially due to the mid-bass bleed) and vocals sound distant and lack life. I hope they open up more as get a few hours on them and will certainly do more with them before I write them up. They are going to be a very V shaped signature regardless but maybe with more time they will grow on me a bit.

hydroid and charlescc2 like this.
  2. NeonHD
    Is the treble on the ZSR just as piercing as on the ZS6?

3. snip3r77
    Nice impression

4. hydroid
    If the ZSR is a step up from the ZST(which has recessed mids as well IMO) and has the bass quantity and comfort of the ZS3., I can settle for it I guess.. :)

WalterTorino and oyobass like this.
  5. Viber
    Maybe you need to try a different source or different tips? They are V-shaped, but not VERY v-shaped.
    I already knew that the criticism about them will be that vocals and instruments seem to be thin/lack life etc, but i don't view it as a con, i view it as a design choice.

The people who designed the ZSR understand that sound is a game of compromises. Consumers want real bass,they want every instrument and vocal part to sound rich and full and they want detailed, sizzling treble in one earphone - but how is the possible, really?

It seems as if the Dynamic Driver is acting as a subwoofer while the Armature Drivers are trying to include all the other instruments in a narrow,precise manner. Some people would like that sound signature and some people will not and that's understandable.

PacoBdn and hydroid like this.
  6. WalterTorino
    Some people say that they sell theirs zs6's because of some peaks in Hz-Db (you all know this problem) and they say that this peaks can cause or habit of wrong sound or even hearing problems.
    Any thoughts? Is this a real problem or am I too confiding? :)

7. VinceHill24
    I think it's more of a case of driver limitation. As if they've reached the limit in their driver and tuning and no other way else to breakthrough.

If you notice throughout these 2 years, all kz earphones have been based upon just that few same dynamic driver and the same custom made BA driver over and over again.

They had breakthrough in the design department surely but in the R&D of drivers, i think they've reached their limit. Kz need to bring something new to stay in the game or else we can basically predict every upcoming KZ model sound. And i think it's also why some of the KZ veteran here didn't quite get excited with the zsr.

I hope there'll be significant breakthrough in their upcoming 5 drivers iem. They can't possibly be using that 30095 again for 4 of the BA right with their usual 10mm DD ? Lol

8. WalterTorino
    Lets be honest - KZ still in the game, they still make very good product with very low price. Main problem that they do not change anything - we all know that problem of peaks will stay, that bass may be not very powerful. But. We still can wait good product with low price. This is nice.
    But if KZ will do the work on the bugs - its gonna be a real breakthrough. But I'm not sure that price will stay low in case of this scenario...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    dabachata and VinceHill24 like this.
  9. hydroid
    first ever ZSR unboxing for your viewing pleasure.,.I'm curious though whether the sound of song he played at 1:31 of the video is coming from the ZSR..

PacoBdn, oyobass and WalterTorino like this.
  10. WalterTorino
    Thanks for the video!
    Its hard to say if the sound of zsr good enough from this vid. If author has a same kind of video with zs6 - maybe then I could see a differense... I'll check his channel.

Upd: no, he hasnt... What a pity.

hydroid likes this.
  11. Viber
    If you will slap the Audio-Technica\Shure logo on the ZSR, give them a fancy box and have people demo it in a store you could sell them for 60$-80$. I guarantee it.

I reject the notion that ZSR represents KZ not going anywhere. They had the ergonomic design with the ZS3, they had the advancement in sound with the ZS6 - The ZSR is the first time they combined both of these advantages in one product.

That memory wire has to go though, it's ruining the comfort time after time.

12. WalterTorino
    Ok, i'll try zsr, you persuaded me :)

13. TLDRonin
    holy

Are they still for sale??

14. Wiljen
    I'll side by side them today before answering.

15. Viber
    I'm not sure i want the pressure of people spending money because of me lol. I'm just writing my opinion. i hope you'd like it too and if you don't then don't yell at me haha :dt880smile: