Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 20, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #26,461 of 63,796
Just got my new "silver" cable in from Gearbest:
https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_712517.html

This is the link I used, don't know if you'll get the old silver cable or the one I got, either is an okay deal at $5.99
Pleasantly surprised that I have the more deluxe grey/black cable with the heavier-duty braided main cable.

I added the collar clip and velcro chin slider

That's a good cable, I use it on my Black 6's. I can't really hear a difference in this or the Tri-Braid and they are both good looking, these are some of the longest cables I own for sure:beerchug:

Bronzed ZS6.JPG

However like the Tri-Braid's I did surgically remove that ear wire :smiling_imp: Pesky little devils:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 20, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #26,462 of 63,796
That's a good cable, I use it on my Black 6's. I can't really hear a difference in this or the Tri-Braid and they are both good looking, these are some of the longest cables I own for sure:beerchug:

However like the Tri-Braid's I did surgically remove that ear wire :smiling_imp: Pesky little devils:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I really like those ear wires. Keeps the earphone in the proper general area when the large foamie turned backwards isn't enough to keep it in place.
I have big ear apertures, I guess...

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #26,463 of 63,796
Just got my new "silver" cable in from Gearbest:
https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_712517.html

This is the link I used, don't know if you'll get the old silver cable or the one I got, either is an okay deal at $5.99
Pleasantly surprised that I have the more deluxe grey/black cable with the heavier-duty braided main cable.

I added the collar clip and velcro chin slider

I GOT THE "SILVER" cable too! was brown just like that, GB gave me few points when i bugged the about it.
í wonder why, and if its even the same?

Attachments

• not what i ordered.JPG
    not what i ordered.JPG
    569.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 20, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #26,465 of 63,796
just received a pair of KZ ZSE and am a little disappointed i thought with dual dynamic drivers i would get good bass but it seems to struggle i will play with the eq

Dec 20, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #26,466 of 63,796
Mine is far from being the stock cable, it is far more flexible and less microphonic. More like an upgrade from the basic silver replacement 'upgrade' cable.
Edit: It shouldn't show the inevitable and dreaded green corrosion nearly as much, either.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #26,467 of 63,796
I can understand saving a buck and doing this mod but you can/could have just bought the Type "A" of the Tri-Braid cable that fits the ZS5 and 6's just like the original Tri-Braid fits the ZST's. All those Tri-Braid cables on my photo (last page) of ZS series are specifically for those iem's, my fat fingers could destroy a $9 cable in a second so I just bought new type "A" for my ZS5/6's:wink: However all my surgeries went well as far as removing the ear wires:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...32838766604.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.RsoxsF

@Cruelhand Luke , drop me a pm and next week when I'm off I'll send you a foamy care package:beerchug:
Thanks! I was (half) joking, but I will gratefully accept...

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #26,468 of 63,796

That's actually considered an upgrade cable. The "stock" replacement cable is not braided at all - it's 100% black, like this:

stock cable.jpg

That upgrade cable they accidentally sent you is actually quite nice. It's silver plated OFC copper, braided, with a transparent brown/grey insulation.

upgrade cable 2.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #26,469 of 63,796
just received a pair of KZ ZSE and am a little disappointed i thought with dual dynamic drivers i would get good bass but it seems to struggle i will play with the eq

What source are you using?

Dec 20, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #26,471 of 63,796
cowon iaudio 9+

I can't find any specs on that, but try the ZSE with another source (other than a PC/laptop), and try it with an amplifier as well.

It has quite a lot of bass, so the issue could be your iaudio. It's also easy to get a poor ear seal, which will severely reduce bass. So try it with some different styles of tips to see if you can get a better seal and better sound.

Dec 20, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #26,472 of 63,796
I can't find any specs on that, but try the ZSE with another source (other than a PC/laptop), and try it with an amplifier as well.

It has quite a lot of bass, so the issue could be your iaudio. It's also easy to get a poor ear seal, which will severely reduce bass. So try it with some different styles of tips to see if you can get a better seal and better sound.
ok i will try those tips

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #26,473 of 63,796
been playing with a pair of ZST for a couple weeks now... pulled out the memory wire today.

i like them better, a lot less microphonics with the memory wire removed. it may just be me, but it was difficult to get the memory wires to really hug my ears, usually they just held the wire just off the back of my ears enough to act like a springboard....

with the memory wire pulled out, the cord lays tighter/closer to the top curve of the ears and really reduces the microphonics of the stock silicone-ish cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back