Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 17, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #26,416 of 63,802
Dec 17, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #26,417 of 63,802
Oh my... that`s why You haven`t posted Your mods on IEM mods thread. But You still can post the ones You have done previously!
Hope You heal fast and be able to wear any shape IEM again.

Btw, I`m kinda "out" also for a while because I have left ear infection from being ill.
Sorry to hear that. I've been dealing with the same thing the last few weeks, I was sick, then that turned into an ear infection....all of this happened right as all my KZs and Superluxes started showing up. I still have ringing and maybe 30% decreased hearing on the left side. It's been frustrating to not be able to really listen to my gear...I think I need to put some foam in at least one of my BA drivers in my ZS5...but I can't be sure yet.
I have had to keep all of my impressions here of my new IEMs very vague.

Dec 17, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #26,418 of 63,802
All these maladies striking down our brethren...it's a CONSPIRACY!

Conspiracy-Books-Cartoon.jpg

Dec 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #26,420 of 63,802
would like to know..my kz zs6 sound not balance between left and right..not sure if this was due to my ear?..but i need to move the EQ 1 step to the right for it to sound in the middle..if not..it sound like the it more louder on the left..maybe replacing the wire will solve this?

Try wearing them reversed (left to right, right to left). If the louder on still on the left ear, then it's your ear. If it moves to the right, then the z6 has channel imbalance

Dec 17, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #26,423 of 63,802
Folks, I wanted to let you know that I’m going to be a lot less active with regards to IEMs for the foreseeable future.

I got both ears pierced with Daith piercings last week ago to relieve regular migraine headaches I’ve had since childhood. Besides taking a while to heal up, the piercings severely limit the type of IEMs and earbuds I can wear. Anything “ergonomic” that fills the ear is out or is overly large are a no-go, including things like KZ ZSx series, UiiSii CM5, Magaosi K5, Tiandirenhe TD08, Tinaudio T2, Rose IEMs, any IEM with silicone "ear wings", etc.

Once everything is healed up, I should be able to wear barrel type IEMs (KZ EDR1/2, EDSE, HDS2/3, maybe Xiaomi Pro HD or Piston, etc. And course any headphone is OK (on-ear or over-ear), which I have been using exclusively since the piercing.

I thought long and hard about the decision, and in the end the trade off of having less or no migraines is well worth not being able to wear a huge % of IEMs.

I’ll still be around plenty, maybe just not participating in IEM threads as much unless it’s an IEM I can wear (ie I can’t evaluate an IEM that I can’t physically fit lol).
health first. time to enjoy a good pair of cans. hope you heal up soon.

Dec 19, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #26,425 of 63,802
KZ Silver cable turning green already... ☹️ Only 7 months...
IMG_20171219_105719.jpg

Dec 19, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #26,427 of 63,802
Dec 19, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #26,428 of 63,802
The KZ-ZS6 are unusable with silicon, the red bee tips from gearbest work decently to attenuate them.

As for them being uneven, when i got my KZ-ZS5 i immidiatly discarded them becuase the left side was significantly quieter then the right, good thing i tried other tips, it was the default silicons that came with them, they were defective, with complies they were more or less balanced.

Dec 19, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #26,429 of 63,802
I tryed to put foam tips on my ZS5 yesterday, but they were falling off even when I tried to insert the earplugs. And when I managed to keep it on, it stayed behind in my ear after removing the ZS5.
I used these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...32548926787.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.PHrhXE
Are they not suitable for the ZS5?
I still got these on the way from Gearbest, but will probably take a month still before they arrive:
https://www.gearbest.com/headphone-accessories/pp_661820.html?wid=21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back