Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. SomeGuyDude
    People also claimed they could hear a difference using the Synergistic Research HOT.

2. Willber
    Good to see your performance scale "goes up to 11"! :wink:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    groucho69, eaglesgift and Viber like this.
  3. Mellowship
    Regarding the imaging, I can't dissociate the timbric dullness of the ATR from its overall sonic presentation. To me, they just sound unnatural and I can't ear the true nature of the instruments or human voices. This quality (or lack of) takes away any tridimensional presentation. The ZS3 has a somewhat better soundstage, but in my opinion, it clearly depends on the source. I believe they need lots of power to open up and become more "airy". Directly from the smartphone, computer or DAP, they don't sound very spacious. I don't own the ZS6, and I don't want to buy one (yet). But the ZS5 is similar, and it has lots of spacial definition, not only left/right or channel separation, but some interesting imaging that doesn't require lots of brainwork to translate. The ZSE has also a good imaging due to their upper-midrange being so energetic, but they get congested really bad with more complex music. ZSE are for jazz trios or acoustic folk. Rock kills them...

4. Viber
    lol, couldn't change the range to 10 on the stupid thing.
    The range is 1-10.

5. Willber
    Good to see your performance scale "goes up to 11"! :wink:
    I guessed that, but I hope you recognised the Spinal Tap quote, I don't get many chances to use it. :)

6. Slater
    I don't even want to show my IEM collection...it's borderline embarrassing LOL

djmakemynight and HungryPanda like this.
  7. mbwilson111
    Now you must show us! Even the forgotten drawer!

8. Slater
    Well, the drawer of forgotten gear has been packed in a rubbermaid tub and moved to storage a few weeks ago.

So I'll have to wait until I go there in a week or 2 and get all of those IEMs out and snap a pic. Then take a another pic of the IEMs in regular rotation.

9. mbwilson111
    We will be waiting...

djmakemynight and Slater like this.
  10. Cruelhand Luke
    We didn't want it to be like this...but, sigh we think you might have a problem with hoarding IEMs? This whole thread has just been a ruse, an online intervention, to talk to you about it buddy.

11. Slater
    Me? Hoarder? Nah, it's not like I didn't just stock up on (10) of the same IEM a few weeks ago because they were too good of a deal to pass up. That must have been some other guy LOL

12. mbwilson111
    I know the answer to that one,lol.

djmakemynight likes this.
  13. SomeGuyDude
    TBH I bought it because it looks the tits. I don't even care about the sound difference. They look and feel like a high-end set now.

djmakemynight, eaglesgift and Slater like this.
  14. Slater
    Amen to that. Green ZS6 with silver tri-braid cable, black with gold cable, red with bronze cable...Mmmmm smooth like buttah

15. SomeGuyDude
    I know aesthetics don't matter to a lot here, but they do to me. I was sold on the Z6 half because of the aluminum housing as opposed to the cheap plastic. They feel like "real" headphones. The upgrade cable is just a bit bucket of awwwwyeah. If someone wasn't familiar with headphone brands you could probably fool them into thinking you had a pair of seriously expensive monitors.