1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. ivo001
    I just got home and was happy to see a package delivered for me. This had to be the KZ ZS5 I ordered on 8 nov from Gearbest right? According to the tracking it got to the country of destination 2 days ago.
    WRONG!

It was the santa claus wine bottle decoration I ordered on 17 nov from Gearbest...
    https://gloimg.gbtcdn.com/gb/pdm-product-pic/Maiyang/2017/09/12/goods-img/1505416573935564784.jpg

How the hell does that package manage to overtake an order from 9 days earlier from the same vendor?

Saulo Jonas likes this.
  2. Podster
    My preferred is the silver triple braided one @HUGO SILVA like are on the two ZST's in the back and so much so I've order the same cables for both my ZS5's & 6's. I will say since removing the (Idiot, don't be playa hatin" on me ear wire guys):open_mouth: the Bronze cable @Happy Hacking posted feels better:wink: Happy, let me look tonight but I'm thinking the triple braid is somewhat shorter than the stock and Bronze cable but can't swear to it!

@ivo001 , now I'm not saying this is your case but many times these AliEx sellers don't come out and tell you it's not quite in their stock just yet:rolling_eyes:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Saulo Jonas likes this.
  3. ivo001
    Both Items are from Gearbest, not AliExpress

4. Podster
    Gearbest/AliEx both Chinese and have the same tactics IMO not to mention all shipments come via Chinese Junk to the States:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Been waiting on my Red ZS6's from Gearbest since Nov. 16th and I fully anticipate it taking another 2 weeks to arrive.

5. nkramer
    while we're on cable length.... i'd love to find some longer ones.
    most are 1.2-1.3m (or around 43.2-46.8 inches)
    what i'd like to find is something closer to 1.67m (or 60 inches)

longer cords used to be standard issue, but the shift to mobile devices has shrunk that "old standard" dramatically.

almost to the point of making my own cable but not sure what's a good wire to use that's not insanely expensive.

6. TheVortex
    i received a message today from a certain banned AliExpress seller which I can't name and I was told they won't be selling the ZSR. Maybe another gearbest timed exclusive?

7. oyobass
    I too would like to see a cable with a chin slider as well, although I usually run the cable down my back. It is a small, but important part of what makes an aftermarket cable an "upgrade".

I use a small piece of flexible, double-sided velcro cable tie as a chin slider. it definitely helps eliminate the small amount of microphonics the upgrade cables produce when you can keep the cables pressed against the sides of your face or back of your head.

I remember being a bit disappointed with my first KZ earphone when it didn't have this feature... Knowledge Zenith, are you listening?

8. bsoplinger
    Really? Perhaps you can try those muster brand? Or was it rally? Or was it mobilize? :astonished::smiling_imp:

On topic, I'm really enjoying the ZS6 now that I've gotten those T200 foamies. Its so nice to listen to something and not be fishing foamies out my ear canals when I'm done. Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to sacrifice a bit of comfort for better controlled bass by using the large tips or go with the medium which don't quite seal so the bass isn't quite right but are more comfortable.

I just stuck in the pair of V2 ZS5 using the smaller nozzle foamies just to see if they got better with them too and they did.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  9. Slater
    Could very well be.

But I wonder why HillSonic Audio (a dealer with an apparently very close relationship with KZ) is acting like they're going to be carrying it when it's available?

Saulo Jonas likes this.
  10. bsoplinger
    The braided one mentioned in this thread a few times is much nicer than the official KZ brand cables IMHO. The link I have isn't the best price or I'd post it instead of telling you to look through the thread for it.

Cheaper link in this thread but here is the one I have handy:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...Cable-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable/32821872852.html

11. TheVortex
    Let's find out as the supposed release date is the 10th December so not too far off. I am interested in this model as it's supposed to have a crossover and I like the custom shape design of the shell apart from the tacky looking writing which I would have to remove somehow.

But I remember that NiceHCK AliExpress seller tweeted about it so I am confused so only time will tell.

12. Podster
    Indeed and I believe it's the Type A that fits both ZS5/6 which I have on the slow boat right now:scream:

@bsoplinger , glad you got your TIP on:wink:

bsoplinger likes this.
  13. Happy Hacking
    Thanks but are they very long? Especially after they 2-way split.

14. khighly
    There's no way they're doing coil winding and driver tuning for $4-$10 IEM's. They're shoving the same drivers in every IEM and making shell design changes that effect the sound in small ways. What you're probably experiencing is lack of QC.

This isn't Campfire Audio, this is KZ.

15. vector84
    Where do you think a huge portion of those parts actually get made even for much higher end brands? If they weren't winding coils, the drivers wouldn't work, so that statement just strikes me as pretty absurd... :shrug: