1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. paulindss
    Now i have to fully disagre with you, kz's are solid chi-fi performers, wich means that they already reach the quality of years ago iems that was 5x its price. Do you call senheiser momentuns cheap sounding ? Cause they are V-shaped, and i have Beats more than one comparision with chi-fi v shaped iems. Maybe V-shaped could be easily do tune, maybe not, but call KZ cheap sounding Just because you don't like V-shaped and the RAW details are wrong. There are Lot of pricey products with the same tune, that Just doesn't make sense.

2. Jay Magaling
    Maybe it can be removed. I used acetone to remove the brandings/logo on the ZS5

3. Slater
    Speaking strictly of IEMs I personally own of have heard, the BossHifi B3 is one that comes right to mind. It's beautiful, built well, and sounds great if neutral is your thing. The Vsonic GR07 is another.

@Vidal and @loomisjohnson are the ones that can rattle of a boat load of neutral IEMs, as they've literally owned/heard hundreds of ChiFi IEMs.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  4. Jay Magaling
    My GB order (shipped to PH) arrived after 29 days, unregistered.

c4rb0n and oyobass like this.
  5. SomeGuyDude
    Not me man. I was hoping for $100+

I want KZ to make their Pinnacle P1, or their Quad. Leap up and really do something big.

6. Slater
    That's because v-shaped tuning is the most popular desired "consumer" sound signature by far. It has zero to do with being "cheap".

For example, the Sennheiser HD630vb (a full size headphone, but the same idea applies to IEMs and earbuds) costs $550 retail, and was specifically tuned by Sennheiser to be v-shaped. I don't know about you, but I don't consider $550 "cheap". So was the Philips Fidelio X2, Philip's $300 flagship (again, not exactly "cheap").

The amount of people that want perfectly neutral products fall into a very small minority (and are usually in the audiophile/HF camp). So are the number of people that want totally open headphones. Those are all niches, and it involves personal preference. V-shaped gear is the majority, not the minority, due to simple economics of supply and demand. KZ has nothing to do with it, as they are just 1 small fish in the sea of manufacturers.

Lemme ask you this - do you really think everything else Marshall makes other than the Mode is neutral? How much other Marshall gear have you heard? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts the majority of stuff they make is...drum roll please...v-shaped!

I'll also add that the number of people in a KZ thread that want Marshall Modes likely falls into an even smaller minority of the already small minority of people that want neutral IEMs. haha

beat-dead-horse.gif

7. SomeGuyDude
    Seriously, ignore this guy. All he does is piss and moan about KZ and talk about the Marshall Mode. I'm at a point where I'm like 75% convinced he bought a ton of them and is hoping to get everyone to buy them on Amazon from him.

8. Slater
    It's all about baby steps. They'll get there eventually. You have to make changes in small increments. I mean, look at what they've done 5 years ago vs 3 years ago. And 3 years ago vs now.

3 years from now, I'm sure we'll be looking back saying "wow, I can't believe the ZS812. I remember when the ZS6 was the shizzle! Look how far they've come since way back in 2017."

oyobass likes this.
  9. oyobass
    :ksc75smile:
    Having nostalgia for the future? :ksc75smile:

HungryPanda and Slater like this.
  10. Nathraichean
    Just going to leave this out here -

Code for the ZS6's @ Gearbest for 24.99$ - BlackFAFF05

I am not sure if this is a good price for these IEM's but i found it on a cheeky website with a lot of blocked content requiring you to click a lot of stuff. I just opened the page code and found the code there with no clicking.. :D
    I'll be following the next comment to know if its a good price. Also, did i do a bad decision buying them? Are there any better ones for this price range? I looked a bit at the forums and other places and i saw them compared to the Tin T2's, i liked the bulkiness of the KZ's and i got them for 25$.

Also.. what is this "sound signature"? I have a basic understanding of it, but thats about it. If anyone can explain it to me in a few words, that'd be great! Thanks!

oyobass likes this.
  11. Slater
    Hey man, I'm still waiting for my BTTF hoverboard, Jetsons flying car, robot maid, and personal jetpack. We were supposed to have all of that long before now, including all of us being able to take vacations at resorts on the moon. I'm getting sick and tired of waiting for all of this stuff!

biff.jpg

12. oyobass
    That is a decent price. I paid $27 for mine and am happy with it.

Sound signature is the way an earphone or speaker colors the source sound. More bass and more treble than originally recorded is considered a "V shaped" sound, since it is hyped at both ends of the spectrum sound spectrum.
    Many people prefer a V shape sound, because they find it more fun to listen to.

13. kokakolia
    So many valid points here. The V-shaped tuning is most popular. If you want something different you'll have to really do your research. Most headphones I like have lukewarm reviews, only because any deviation from the V-shaped sound norm is a con. "Too boring", "Not enough sparkle in the treble". That's what I typically read. I am the tiniest minority for not liking boosted bass and treble. It really sucks. Because whenever I want to jump on the hype train I get very very disappointed.

Coming back to KZ, I just don't see the point of owning multiple earphones like the ATE, ZS5, ZS6, ED9, ES3 etc...because they all have the same kind of tuning. I think it would be most advantageous to own several earphones with completely different tunings. Kz kinda did that with the ED7 and ZSE which are closer to my preferences. So that's that. I just wish there was a more "premium" option in that category. Oh yeah, there is. And it's anything but another KZ. It starts with an M...

Hearing the KZ ZS5 V2 and ATE was a revelation that KZ wasn't for me. I just hate how the treble and mids are handled. Just NOPE! This sounds bad...

It also kinda feels bad buying lots of highly praised earphones, spending a decent chunk of change and waiting 2 months only to be super let down. I feel like I flushed $60 down the toilet.

BTW, I never said that the Marshall was neutral.

thejoker13 and Slater like this.
  14. oyobass
    I'll take that self-sizing, self-drying jacket...

15. Makahl
    Hey, I'm kinda new to KZ world and this question probably has been answered few times but too many pages to find it now and I'm not lucky with the new head-fi's search tool...

So, are there differences between the ZST black and the colored one? The only reply which I've found it's saying the colored has more treble extension but idk if it's true at all. And For i've been reading the ZST looks a good fit for me (realistic cymbals, hi-hats, and good punch) but if the dark one is "darker" should I go to the colored?