1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. sghound
    campfire orion

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/orion/

Fox2twenty likes this.
  2. sghound
    yep campfire orion

Fox2twenty likes this.
  3. loomisjohnson
    everybody has their favorites, but the consensus picks are their new hybrids, the kz5 and the kz6, which are $25-45. among the cheaper models, many folks like the zst and ed9; the hds3, ate and ed2 also have their fans. I'd get 'em all.

4. Wiljen
    I was referencing the Orion which uses the exact same shell as the Andromeda and the Polaris. The Orion as mentioned above is the single BA driver in campfire's line.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Fox2twenty likes this.
  5. SomeGuyDude
    I've been dancing around the headphone scene too long to do honeymoon periods, my friend. And since it's the cheapest thing I got, I don't think that really applies here.

Fox2twenty likes this.
  6. YellowFlash
    Hey guys!

Just ordered a Rock Zircon, seems really great for the price. Is there any alternative to the Zircon in the KZ lineup?
    I want something with really good bass (not over the top earblasting, just good solid punches), decent mid, and solid high, for max 25$.
    Thanks in advance! :ksc75smile:

7. Superluc
    Probably ES3. Out of KZs, you can try the Memt X5.

Fox2twenty and loomisjohnson like this.
  8. SomeGuyDude
    ZS5 or ZS3 should be right up your alley.

9. Ynot1
    You should definitely consider getting recomendations from headfi member who owns zs6, zs5 v1, zs3, es3, zse, and r3.
    That way you can be thorough. I only have es3 and still waiting on zse, but es3 is real good.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  10. Wiljen
    Think the Zs3 or Zst should be worth a look. Preference in my case leaning a bit toward the Zs3 but the Zst on sale for <$20 is a good possible as well.

11. SomeGuyDude
    BTW anyone know how the damn remote works on these things? The manual doesn't explain jack crap. It's only got one button but supposedly it can do play/pause as well as previous/next track?

12. HiFiChris Contributor
    Works perfectly with my Apple iPod Nano 7G - 1 click = play/pause, two fast clicks = next, three fast clicks = previous. Click + hold should activate Siri/Google voice assist and a short click should also serve as picking up and hanging up phone calls.

Fox2twenty and SomeGuyDude like this.
  13. HiFiChris Contributor
    I really love how tiny, clean and white the labelling is, however imo they could have paid more attention to the spelling. At least it doesn't additionally say "silicon [sic] tips" on the shells (but well, it probably does in the manual - edit: nope, says "silicone case" in the manual).

DSC04452-small.JPG

14. Fox2twenty
    Just installed New Bee foams and KZ BT cable on my ES3s... Only took 5 years on headfi to start tip rolling :D

20171010_093528.jpg

hakuzen and HungryPanda like this.
  15. Fox2twenty
    BTW, I have zs5 and ES3 - ES3 is my recommendation if you're asking about bass. :call_me: :call_me: