Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 9, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #17,446 of 63,834
I'm looking for a bluetooth earphone that has a neutral or slightly warm sound. Is the KZ HDSE good for that? Or should I buy a KZ ZST with a bluetooth cable?

Reports on the ZST BT cable are about 3 hrs of play time. Plus you have the sound of, well, the ZST. It seems about 50/50 of people that like it/hate it.

My HDSE will be here any day. As soon as it arrives I'll post impressions.

May 9, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #17,449 of 63,834
Four is an unlucky number for Chinese (sounds like death). That's my best guess.

Wow, didn't know that. KZ has done other units with 4 though, such as the ED4. Very odd indeed.

May 9, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #17,450 of 63,834
Wow, i'm late to the game eh.. just coz i was disconnected from the online world due to some network problem and it didn't take even 1 day for this to pop up. What a rapid changing world. Reading through some of those Taobao comment i can say that it's quite promising and apparently some buyer said you've gotta try it with the "Gold" plated cable which actually brings out the best of its sound. Some commented that bass is lacking ?? I got a feeling that probably the different fitment on the ear coz you can clearly see a vent hole on the inner side facing the ear instead of outer so something to lookout for, possibly a moddable step. Some commented the stock cable to be plasticky and stiff as well, so not really well played here at cable part. Most says they're quite surprised that despite housing 2 dynamic drivers, the bass wasn't overbearing at all tho i'm quite sceptical seeing the FR graph, think the vent hole probably plays a big role here. Hopefully this could shed some lights on it
. Now it's about time waiting to get our hands on it for a listen

May 9, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #17,455 of 63,834
I just picked up my second ZS3 order - i was tottally wrong on these- they just require foam tips to sound amazing. And the shape is excellent aswell. They're quite bassy but not *THAT* veiled .
This moves the ZS3 to being on par ( or just a smidge under) the ED9 for me.

May 9, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #17,456 of 63,834
Any number eight KZ I need good luck hahaha

May 9, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #17,457 of 63,834
i generally agree with keller2 on the zs3--i was listening to it all morning today and it is one dark phone--the zst has significantly more air/treble extension. that said, i do maintain the zs3 would appeal to fans of edm/techno, etc. + i still marvel at its vault-like isolation

May 9, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #17,460 of 63,834
I've tried the ZS3 mod Slater mentioned. Mine had one tiny difference than his model - in mine the red mesh and the black piece of foam are actually glued together. Of course, it's easy to tear them apart, but I didn't have the curiosity to experiment with combos of foam/red mesh on/off. I just removed the whole thing.

One most noticeable change is the reduced bloat of the bass... actually there's hardly any bloat at all. I didn't notice that much change in the mids/highs, though they do seem a bit elevated/prominent, but that could just be the effect of the reduced bass (which there's still plenty off, rest assured). In any case, I'm keeping them this way. And thanks for the mod, Slater!

In other news, eagerly awaiting ZS5 impressions from some of the early birds in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back