Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 10, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #16,472 of 63,834

Having spent some more time with the ZST, I can say that I really like them. It's really neutral/flat but with just an extra kick of subbasss to make EDM and other bass heavy genres satisfying. I need to spend some additional time with my ZS3 to figure out which of the two I prefer, but I really appreciate the ZST for being just a bit more lively with it's better extended treble accompanied by the aforementioned bass extension.

Sorry for the off topic post, but is the C3 worth it? Is the UI unbearable? I'm thinking of picking one up, a guy around me is selling it for 30USD.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #16,473 of 63,834
Feri Some like for looks.

Mar 10, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #16,474 of 63,834
Sorry for the off topic post, but is the C3 worth it? Is the UI unbearable? I'm thinking of picking one up, a guy around me is selling it for 30USD.

Check these out too:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/834797/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker
And the Cayin N3 thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/833932/coming-soon-cayin-n3-hi-res-dap-with-akm4490-dac-apt-x-bluetooth-and-line-usb-coax-out-for-under-200/270#post_13330331
Some good players coming. The Benjie T8 looks like a nice model be out in a couple of months.

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #16,475 of 63,834

The C3 is wonderful if sound quality without breaking the bank is your #1 concern. The capacitive buttons are easy enough to work with but the UI is very bare bones and it has an odd quirk of organizing your folders by date added to the storage. There are workarounds, but if ease of use is a priority, I would recommend looking elsewhere. For $30, I would highly recommend snatching that up. If anything it makes a inexpensive way to test if a DAP is really a device that works well for you, and you can always upgrade to something else later.

Mar 11, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #16,476 of 63,834
Originally Posted by MissChristie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The C3 is wonderful if sound quality without breaking the bank is your #1 concern. The capacitive buttons are easy enough to work with but the UI is very bare bones and it has an odd quirk of organizing your folders by date added to the storage. There are workarounds, but if ease of use is a priority, I would recommend looking elsewhere. For $30, I would highly recommend snatching that up. If anything it makes a inexpensive way to test if a DAP is really a device that works well for you, and you can always upgrade to something else later.

Check these out too:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/834797/the-shenzhen-benjie-bj-t6-agptek-rocker
And the Cayin N3 thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/833932/coming-soon-cayin-n3-hi-res-dap-with-akm4490-dac-apt-x-bluetooth-and-line-usb-coax-out-for-under-200/270#post_13330331
Some good players coming. The Benjie T8 looks like a nice model be out in a couple of months.

Thanks. 

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #16,477 of 63,834
  Can someone recommend me a good IEM with strong bass for electronic music?

Currently using Audio technical CKM500IS and I am not sure if KZ is worth or considered as an upgrade.

PS: I'm just a amateur in Audio stuff

Of all the earphones I own the Mee Audio Sport-Fi M6's bass is the only one that actually makes my head vibrate listening to something like Awolnation's Sail. Much deeper bass than my KZ's.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #16,478 of 63,834
the tennmak pro sounds more "refined" in the sense of more accurately reproducing the music, and has more highend detail than the kz3, but like crabdog i think it's a bit too midbassy and i personally prefer the zs3. i like the tennmak dulcimer even more.

There is a port hole on the outside of the tennmaks above the logo, it is very tiny and a sewing needle will only go through it. It's covered from the inside (people think because they're sold as 'sport' and a hole on the outside could let water in.

I poked through the 'sticker' that's covering it and it really smoothed the mids and the mid bass of my Tennmak Pro's right out and opened up some high range. Absolutely wonderful neutral balanced sound signature but still not enough of a soundstage. Better than the ATE and ATR by miles. If you want an upgrade to KZ, Check the Tennmak Pro's.

ZST is still my favorite but it's a completely different beast.

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #16,479 of 63,834
There is a port hole on the outside of the tennmaks above the logo, it is very tiny and a sewing needle will only go through it. It's covered from the inside (people think because they're sold as 'sport' and a hole on the outside could let water in.

I poked through the 'sticker' that's covering it and it really smoothed the mids and the mid bass of my Tennmak Pro's right out and opened up some high range. Absolutely wonderful neutral balanced sound signature but still not enough of a soundstage. Better than the ATE and ATR by miles. If you want an upgrade to KZ, Check the Tennmak Pro's.

ZST is still my favorite but it's a completely different beast.

Tennmak not on sale in my country, but Rock Zircon is. I wonder if it is an upgrade to ZST...

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #16,480 of 63,834
  Tennmak not on sale in my country, but Rock Zircon is. I wonder if it is an upgrade to ZST...

The Zircon has a ton more bass than the ZST but IMO the ZST is a better IEM. Another option that I think beats them both is the MEMT X5 which retails for about $18.

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #16,485 of 63,834
Hi, guys!

Just wanna get your thoughts regarding the Ath IM50, KZ ZST + SPC cable, and TFZ Series 5S. Which of these 3 y'all think is best in terms of:
- Imaging/Instrument Separation
- Soundstage
- Lows
- Highs
- Clarity in the mids

Exclusively looking for comparison between these 3.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back