knife-fi?
Apr 7, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #1,202 of 2,248
eek.gif
 I was just stropping my 940 osbourne when i found this thread.  Rock on.

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #1,204 of 2,248
Just picked up an Eka Swede 8 to use when packing up wares.. (or atleast that how i motivate the purchase)

So right now i'm having this in my knifebag:

An Akifusa 24cm gyoto, SRS-15 PM
A Gesshin Ginga 24cm Gyoto, laser. White 2 steel
A Fu-rin-ka-zan Nakiri, White 1
A Kagayaki Santoku, Aogami super
A kagayaki petty, VG10
A few Karlsson Nilsson knives and some beaters. Have i forgotten something..

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #1,207 of 2,248

Quote:
94X Osborne bro fist!

I was digging through my pictures to find the last 94x I had, honestly it's the best knife in town. I'd prefer it to the CRK Seb if only they were a little more prestigious for long term collectors to have hahaha..

Apr 8, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #1,208 of 2,248

Quote:
I was digging through my pictures to find the last 94x I had, honestly it's the best knife in town. I'd prefer it to the CRK Seb if only they were a little more prestigious for long term collectors to have hahaha..

They really are amazing EDCs, great materials and well put together. I've had the 943BK with the clip-point blade (stock image included) for over 6 years now and while there are some scratches it still functions like it was new. No looseness and super smooth! 

As far as collecting goes there was always the one made entirely out of damascus. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 http://www.benchmade.com/products/940DM

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #1,210 of 2,248

Quote:
They really are amazing EDCs, great materials and well put together. I've had the 943BK with the clip-point blade (stock image included) for over 6 years now and while there are some scratches it still functions like it was new. No looseness and super smooth! 

As far as collecting goes there was always the one made entirely out of damascus. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Wow! I wouldn't mind having that in my collection.

The thing about BM Gold Class knives is that you could pretty much buy a Sebenza for the money. I was on the fence between buying my first one some time ago and the M4 blade steel, carbon fiber handled gold class griptilian that came on the market for $400

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #1,211 of 2,248

Here is my current collection of knives... from left to right: Spyderco Paramilitary II [standard], Paramilitary II w/ S-35VN steel [sprint run], Paramilitary II w/ M390 steel [sprint run], Spyderco Superleaf, Spyderco Stretch w/ ZDP-189 Steel, Benchmade 890 Torrent, SOG Arcitech Damascus, SOG Aegis Plain edge, SOG Aegis Tanto.

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #1,214 of 2,248

Quote:

bigsmile_face.gif

The 943bk was my first choice, but noone was carrying it at the time.  When I opened up the box to my 940 and saw that the handle was green with a purple liner (the online pics made it look black) I almost returned it.  Right now I'm glad i didn't.  It's been 4 years and there's not one bit of slop and it works just like new! S30v's some great stuff too 
biggrin.gif
. I'll post up my full collection soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back