knife-fi?
Aug 30, 2007 at 12:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,248

Chris_Himself

Member of the Trade: HPL Audio Cables
is anyone into knives? nothing is manlier than a knife collection... except for illegal fireworks and guns.

i recently started getting into folding knives, i have an SOG Flash II and just won a kershaw leek off of ebay. these two knives are the closest things to a legal switchblade. depending on your state/city, youll actually be able to carry it on your persons all day. i know i do, ive been pulled over with some friends and ive said "im carrying a knife which im allowed to carry by the state" and he looked at it and gave my friend his well deserved speeding ticket. its clipped onto my pocket all day and i dont even notice it until i need it.

i know we've all come into a situation where a knife would have come in handy. i use mine to open boxes, letters, fight bears, and more recently, prepare firewood for bonfires

Kershaw Leek
SOG Flash 2

Aug 30, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Himself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is anyone into knives? nothing is manlier than a knife collection... except for illegal fireworks and guns.

i recently started getting into folding knives, i have an SOG Flash II and just won a kershaw leek off of ebay. these two knives are the closest things to a legal switchblade. depending on your state/city, youll actually be able to carry it on your persons all day. i know i do, ive been pulled over with some friends and ive said "im carrying a knife which im allowed to carry by the state" and he looked at it and gave my friend his well deserved speeding ticket. its clipped onto my pocket all day and i dont even notice it until i need it.

i know we've all come into a situation where a knife would have come in handy. i use mine to open boxes, letters, fight bears, and more recently, prepare firewood for bonfires

Kershaw Leek
SOG Flash 2

snap, i got the SOG flash 2, excellent leverage from the one thumbed opening mechanism eh? and the other i have is a unused MOD (masters of defence) tempest michael janich special edition cryogenically hardned to 60 rockwell, i am looking to sell that one, as i use my sog all the time.

http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/MOD%20Tempest.htm

Aug 30, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #5 of 2,248
There already is a knife-fi thread btw

but anyway I have a Spyderco Delica 4 and some cheap Gerber knife I use for "rough" stuff that I don't wan to put the delica 4 through.
C11PGYW_M.jpg

Perfect little knife.
Wave feature, clip, nice grip, sturdy, light, nice blade... I can't thing of anything wrong with it. Wouldn't change a thing.

and to quote someone else on this forum;

"it's like pulling a fixed blade out of your pocket"

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 2,248
I’m starting to get into semi-custom and custom knives. Last night I won this Scott Cook Owyhee Ironwood Hunter:

40e2_1.JPG

Scott Cook stopped taking orders 2 years ago and no one has stock on any of his knives.

I’ve had 2 Chris Reeve Sebenzas with Damascus blades- they were works of art and I sold them since I wasn’t going to cut anything with them.

SB1.jpg

SB3.jpg

Busse Combat has some real nice blades and they want you to use and abuse them- some are basically sharpened pry bars.

Mitch

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #8 of 2,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Himself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
~snip~

LOL!

Anywho, I have been a knife-fi since I was a kid. My dad got me a BUCK locking pocket knife when I was about 10. It had a dark wood handle & brass, and was about 3 1/2" folded. A few years later in my teens I got myself, at a Pawnshop, a Buck Special 8" fixed blade knife...the one that Jason used many times in Halloween movies.

Right now I am looking to get a Kershaw Black Gulch II

3120_large.png

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 2,248
My everyday carry is a Leatherman Charge Ti. Also have an Arc AAA flashlight stuck in one of the stretch pouches on the sheath. Been very glad I've had both on many occations.

Kitchen knives I have a pretty complete set of Wusthof Grand-Prix series.

Wouldn't mind getting one of Doug Ritter's folders.

RSK Mk1

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #10 of 2,248
Aug 30, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #12 of 2,248
Microtech Halo II and a Microtech Ultratech II

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back