klisch 2.1 vs swan m200
Feb 14, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 7
In testing both, I thought the sound of the Klipsch was geared to gaming and the sound of the M200 was geared to music. I've had my M200's for several years and I've always been happy. I did find that the use of a decent subwoofer cleans up the lower midrange of the M200's. When using the subwoofer, the small driver no longer needs to struggle with the low frequencies and the midrange at the same time.
580smile.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 7
I second the above. The klipsch don't have the same quality in the midrange and highs that the M200s do (yet the promedias are quite nice compared to the rest of the computer speaker world). They beat them in bass quantity though. I don't have a sub, and I wish for more bass, but I'm gonna play a trick of putting them in a triangular formation against the corners of my room and see what happens. It's worked for me before with these, but haven't tried it in this room since I moved.

Cheers,

Shion

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 7
I have the klipsch 2.1 and its serviceable but one thing they don't tell you is that the power switch is on the subwoofer which makes it a real pain to turn on and off. I knew this before I bought but I didn't really think it would bother me that much but it does.

Feb 14, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 7
Own and use both.

I had the Klipsch 2.1 set on my main office set up. It was great for games and watching videos.

I got the Swans when I started my HiFi attempts, and am glad I did. I moved the 2.1s to my home computer where my kids game on.

IMO - the sub was noticeably off to the side, and not omnipresent like they are touted to be. The midrange is much better on the Swans. Since I dont listen to loud boomy music, and I don't crank up the sound at work, the Swans have been a much smoother HiFi speaker set for my use. I listen mostly to jazz, and classical.

Now, if you gotta have volume and bass, then the 2.1 is your machine, and a great one at that. At higher volumes, or further away the bass is lean on the Swans. You can also get an adapter and put your iPod right to the speaker set. My kids do that.

Feb 16, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 7
Onkyo TX-SR303s ---> refurb 79 bucks, I bought one, looks BRAND NEW.

www.jr.com

Athena B1.2 bookshelves 120 bucks plus shipping. 15 bucks more?

www.audioadvisor.com

Should sound much better than the self powered / computer speakers.

Feb 16, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #7 of 7
ya since i posted this subject I have figured out that I want some bookshelf speakers with a tamp, now im not sure which ones, I like bass but no money for a sub so I was thinking the titans or the athena one with 6.5" woofer any rec?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back