Klipsch X7i Fit Issues
Jan 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

EcchiKamil

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I wanted to share some info with everyone in case they're considering purchasing the Klipsch X7i earphones.

I've previously used (both with the stock "large" tips):
- Shure e2c
- Hifiman Re0

My RE0 cable recently opened in the right ear so no more sound. Ended up buying these X7i's as a replacement online. Unfortunately, these are not for big-eared people...or at least people with big ear canals.

I've tried all the stock tips and contacted Klipsch for help and they sent me more tips (though they all look like the stock tips). None of these fit my ears, the only way I can wear these to get a barely acceptable fit is upside down and deep in my ear using the large bi-flange tips.

If I try to wear them properly the sounds is muffled and no wear near they way it should sound.

Not sure what else I can do at the moment and unfortunately, the tips I have from my old IEMs don't fit on these.

Any suggestions? I'll be contacting Klipsch to let them know but not sure what else they could do for me.

P.S. Klipsch impressed me massively with their customer service. A+

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 27
Hi I had seen many of them had inserted t100 or something similar tips in that aspect, why don't you try something like Shure tips, or T100 tips which have foam in them, they might be better with your issue and wont fall out,

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 27
I second the comply t-100's. they should fit your iems perfect. also, try and look around at just comply's tips in general. they have a large variety of different kinds of tips.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:
Hey all,

I wanted to share some info with everyone in case they're considering purchasing the Klipsch X7i earphones.

I've previously used (both with the stock "large" tips):
- Shure e2c
- Hifiman Re0

My RE0 cable recently opened in the right ear so no more sound. Ended up buying these X7i's as a replacement online. Unfortunately, these are not for big-eared people...or at least people with big ear canals.

I've tried all the stock tips and contacted Klipsch for help and they sent me more tips (though they all look like the stock tips). None of these fit my ears, the only way I can wear these to get a barely acceptable fit is upside down and deep in my ear using the large bi-flange tips.

If I try to wear them properly the sounds is muffled and no wear near they way it should sound.

Not sure what else I can do at the moment and unfortunately, the tips I have from my old IEMs don't fit on these.

Any suggestions? I'll be contacting Klipsch to let them know but not sure what else they could do for me.

P.S. Klipsch impressed me massively with their customer service. A+

Hey there, we have some special XL tips we can send you that should sort out your fit issues. I will be sending you a private message so I can get your mailing address. Thanks!

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 27
Klipsch tips are useless because they are bullet shaped - too long and the ends are too narrow. The Apple In-Ears have the same shape tips and are equally useless. The best tips for big ears are short and fat - Sony hybrids tend to work very well. Not sure if they will fit the Klipsch nozzles.

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #6 of 27
I have always found that Klipsch tips are easy to fit. I have the S4 and the X10, and while neither of them blew me away with the sound, the X10 is part of my go-to travel rig, because it isolates so well with the L double-flange tips. The oval shape lets them be a 'fit and forget' IEM, while my IE80 takes a little longer to put on as it's over the ear.

My dad has now taken over the S4, and he has large ears - the oval L tips fit him fine. I think the XL tips Alex was mentioning could do the trick. Perhaps your ears are super big, and that's why the oval tips aren't getting a good seal because they can't grip on... Good luck anyway!

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:
I have always found that Klipsch tips are easy to fit. I have the S4 and the X10, and while neither of them blew me away with the sound, the X10 is part of my go-to travel rig, because it isolates so well with the L double-flange tips. The oval shape lets them be a 'fit and forget' IEM, while my IE80 takes a little longer to put on as it's over the ear.

My dad has now taken over the S4, and he has large ears - the oval L tips fit him fine. I think the XL tips Alex was mentioning could do the trick. Perhaps your ears are super big, and that's why the oval tips aren't getting a good seal because they can't grip on... Good luck anyway!

The patented oval ear tips are of the result of some very logical scientific research. Of course, our ear tips will not  be to everyone's liking. Everyone's ears are different after all, but we do our best to satisfy the most customers we can by doing the research.

There are alternatives out there like Comply Foam tips for Klipsch in-ear headphones that some users prefer: http://www.complyfoam.com/

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #9 of 27
Update: the xl tips arrived and the bi-flange version fixed my fit issues. I've noticed the angle on the headphones as well and they're a bit weird to insert at first compared to normal bids but you get used to it. The sit deeper in my ears than my other buds but this doesn't bother me. Great fit and sound with the xl tips.

Sound is a bit too warm for my tastes sometimes but the best buds I've owned to date in terms of sound quality.

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #11 of 27
I just purchased the x7i last weekend, and so far enjoy it, except that I am still having a hard time figuring out the tip to use.  Somehow they all tend to slip out when my head is tilted up, say lying down or sitting on a reclining chair, so the seal is lost.  I've experimented with installing the L, M, and L double flange tips at different angles.

So far the L double flange is the best but I still need to readjust the earphone from time to time to maintain seal.  I read on this post that there are XL tips available from Klipsch but do not see them on Klipsch's website.  How do I get them?

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:
I just purchased the x7i last weekend, and so far enjoy it, except that I am still having a hard time figuring out the tip to use.  Somehow they all tend to slip out when my head is tilted up, say lying down or sitting on a reclining chair, so the seal is lost.  I've experimented with installing the L, M, and L double flange tips at different angles.

So far the L double flange is the best but I still need to readjust the earphone from time to time to maintain seal.  I read on this post that there are XL tips available from Klipsch but do not see them on Klipsch's website.  How do I get them?

Thanks!

The XL tips are not officially available. Let me check and see if we have anymore to give out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back