Klipsch X5 v X10 v Sleek SA6 v UE SuperFi 5 v2
Nov 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ADD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So much for Klipsch's durability testing. Mine are headed the same way. Klipsch say they placed strain on that area of the earphone repeatedly thousands of times in pre-production durability testing. It probably would have been better if they also sent pre-production headphones out to headphone veterens who could have told them in 5 minutes that the joint was never going to be durable in the real world. OK, well it would have taken me three weeks to tell them that
wink.gif

Not sure I understand this issue. I wear my X10s every day, for an hour or so when walking the dog. So far, no durability issues, nor problems at the base of the drivers (where this is happening). Also, how come you don't request replacements? They carry a two-year warranty, and if this is a common problem, maybe they will change/reinforce the design. If mine start to come apart without abuse, I will be calling Klipsch. Have you written to Amy on the Klipsch forum about it? Just curious to see what she has to say.

Nov 16, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure I understand this issue. I wear my every day, for an hour or so when walking the dog. So far, no durability issues, nor problems at the base of the drivers (where this is happening). Also, how come you don't request replacements? They carry a two-year warranty, and if this is a common problem, maybe they will change/reinforce the design. If mine start to come apart without abuse, I will be calling Klipsch. Have you written to Amy on the Klipsch forum about it? Just curious to see what she has to say.

Unfortunately, this is a very real problem. Mine are suffering the same problem and with time it seems to be gradually getting worse, no doubt somewhere down the line the split will reach the drivers
frown.gif
. Klipsch forums has quite a few users with same problem but to varying degrees and it doesn't hamper sound so not sure whether warranty will be honoured.
confused_face(1).gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #18 of 23
Thought I'd better tie up the thread by saying I've ordered the Klipsch X10s and should be getting them inthe next couple of days. In the interests of full disclosure, I had originally ordered the X5s (now cancelled) before I started the thread and despite the issues people have had with durability I suspect the sound signature of the X10s is going to be more enjoyable for me without losing out on the clarity that attracted me to the X5s in the first place.

Thanks to everyone who provided input. Much appreciated.

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #20 of 23
Where are you seeing that discount? I just looked on the Klipsch website and didn't see anything. Is there a promo code? Thanks...

Edit: Never mind - just saw the post...

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope you know someone in the U.S. who will buy them for you. They are half price, $175 US. Until Nov. 30. Direct from Klipsch, but U.S. sales only. Free shipping too.

With Aus. dollar the way it is (I think it's sitting around 64 cents US), USD175 is around AUD275. I'm paying AUD350. It *was* cheap when they sitting at USD350. Would you believe I confirmed the order this morning? Still, I'd have to pay postage which would bring it (a little) closer. Plus I get a warranty that means I only need to send it interstate rather than overseas if something does go wrong.

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #22 of 23
pains me to say it, but i'm findin' myself in complete agreement with ADD's assessment of the X5s...

they're supremely comfortable, but i'm just not down with their sound...

got mine from soundearphones.com before this sale...gonna see if i can get in under the wire & return them & maybe go after the tf10 or one of the new senns...

argh...klipsch operates outta the city i live in, too....

if you enjoy audiobooks (think war & peace, grapes of wrath), these are the iems for you...

Nov 18, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by emelius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pains me to say it, but i'm findin' myself in complete agreement with ADD's assessment of the X5s...

they're supremely comfortable, but i'm just not down with their sound...

Funny, I thought the first post after I'd ordered the X10s would say how great the X5s were and that the X10s were a complete waste of money.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back