Klipsch X5 cabling issues =(
Dec 26, 2009 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zzkatsuyazz

Head-Fier
Hello the head-fi community
L3000.gif

I have been browsing this forum for 2 years now and it has been providing me extremely helpful info on buying audio gear.
atsmile.gif
and i just registered to post my 1st ever thread.

So here we are:

I have been a happy owner of the Klipsch X5 for 8 months now, up until it has an issue with the cable as i already expected when I first saw it out-of-the-box =(

The sound is unaffected and still awesome but it really irritates me and got on my nerve a lot whenever i try to unplug it.

SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME TO RECABLE IT, OR ANY INFO ON FIXING IT AT ALL THAT WOULD BE VERY THANKFUL
popcorn.gif

img0124fk.jpg

img0125p.jpg

img0126i.jpg

PS: I'm from Scotland btw.

Dec 26, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 9
I'd say warranty repair but I'm uncertain of Klipsch services there. Give their customer service a call. A bit of glue in the right places might actually work. Recabling would be a final resort if the last 2 options fail.

Dec 26, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #6 of 9
From Warranty - Headphones
Quote:

Warranty Outside the U.S. and Canada

The Warranty on this product if it is sold to a consumer outside of the United States and Canada shall comply with applicable law. To obtain any applicable warranty service, please contact the dealer from which you purchased this product, or the distributor that supplied this product.

You could always try that?

If not, I doubt you need to recable, simply soldering a new plug on would work yea? It's a pretty simple solder job.

Dec 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by noisecancelationheadphone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 years reading forum and just started making a thread?
that's sad.
sad01

It's better to know what you're saying before posting than to go in knowing nothing.

Dec 26, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by noisecancelationheadphone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 years reading forum and just started making a thread?
that's sad.
sad01

Some people only post when they have a valid question or something worthwhile to contribute; not when the want to show how much of an ass they are.

Dec 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people only post when they have a valid question or something worthwhile to contribute; not when the want to show how much of an ass they are

I found most info i needed using the @search@ button and always tried not to post a new thread. Sometimes I wanted to post replies too but they were kind of unnecessary because my knowledge/budget is limited so it might not have been worthwhile.

Thanks for all replies, however I still wonder if anyone on Head-fi could do a job such as recabling the earphones like the Klipsch X5 since the SQ is excellent - opposed to the durability of the manufactured cable.

Or perhaps its not worth it? As the Klipsch Image earphones are considered Mid-fi range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back