Klipsch X10s on sale at Amazon (authorized). $211!
Nov 5, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 14
thanks for the heads-up. amazon is good about returns, so i'm going to give these a try. hopefully they are as comfortable as most reviewers say.

Nov 5, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 14
Heh. I've been having a hard time choosing a good pair of IEMs to use with my Zune80. The UEs that I had paired up with my Clip just weren't doing it and the CX300s that I bought looking for bass just don't have the same clarity as the Ultimate Ears.

I just ordered my X5s yesterday.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #7 of 14
I was going to get the UE Triple.fi 10's but with a deal like this... I don't think I can pass it up.

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #8 of 14
Too bad Amazon mixed the reviews like that...most of the reviews on that page are for the Custom 3s.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 14
I just bought the images and boy I am excited. I am glad someone saw this as you saved me 120 dollars for the Ultimate ear triple.fi10's.. I got bombed in taxes though.. it came out to 230 dollars. Its too bad that I have to wait until klipschmas (ho!) to get them.

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #11 of 14
yeah, weird that Amazon mixed the user reviews. But there are plenty of places to read reviews on them, including here. I love these phones, for many of the reasons Amazon posters mentioned. Are they are as good as the SE530s, SF10s, etc.? I personally don't know. But the ease of use combined with comfort (I use the larger bi-flange gels) and sound quality is really excellent, I think. And no need for an amp if you won't want to lug one around. For me, great synergy with all my DAPs too.

Anyway, glad some folks are going to dive in. And as someone mentioned, Amazon's return policy is second to none.

Don't forget to register them, since it gets you two extra sets of gels (your preference). Oh, and be sure to try all the sleeves before you order those up. I didn't, and got the medium single flange gels, but Klipsch customer service was nice enough to send me the bi-flanges too after a call. Oh, there are microphonics for sure, but a shirt clip (have to get one, Ety er6i model works) and pulling up the slider work for me.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #12 of 14
tstarn06: So you rank the X10s above the SA6? In what ways exactly? Are the highs on the X10s fatiguing (ala Klipsch Horns)?

They certainly are tempting at this price. But I might be holding out for the IE8s.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM Post #13 of 14
No, don't think the Images are superior to Sleeks. I own both and will keep both. I just like the combo of comfort/SQ the Images deliver, so I use them for walking, which I do a lot of. I use the Sleeks more at home, or on planes, trains, etc., because I really do like their more mid-high focus, and the SA6 bass is also good enough, with the bass+ mod. Like having two excellent suits, there are occasions for both. Highs on the Images never fatiguing to me. The other main upside to the Images is they are self-enclosed, no interchangeable parts, which is a plus for the Sleeks, but also can cause some durability problems. Both have two-year warranties, so I am not worried on that front.

I'd love to hear the IE8s too, but enough already (for me buying and selling). If I were starting tabula rosa, I might try the IE8s first, but I do like have two excellent pair of different high to mid end IEMs. I also own the im716s modded, so I have an ER4P-like IEM as well for detail over warmth.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #14 of 14
ordered yesterday afternoon with free "super saver shipping" and received an e-mail this morning that they had shipped out. apparently i won't have to wait as long as i thought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back