Klipsch X10i vs Etymotic HF2? Comments please.
Dec 20, 2010 at 9:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sandwichman1973

Head-Fier
I started my in ear journey with the etys. But after a while I wanted some more base and went for the S4i. But I couldn´t stand the muffled sound and went back to my etys.
But now I find my self unsatisfied with the ety sound. I want a richer sound sound with good base, and after reading a lot of reviews I have come up with the idea of purchasing a set of X10i.
Besides the potential upgrade in sound(?) i hope for more comfort with the X10i.
Can you give some comments about this? (Sound upgrade? Comfort?)

Dec 20, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 7
The X10 or X10i is great at all over the spectrum, especially the bass is tight, accurate, and goes deep. Mids are great, but you might find the ety's mids better.
It definitely has a full bodied sound. One of the most comfortable IEM too. Only drawback is the build quality, cable is rather thin, and the rubber tends to split where the cable goes in the earpieces.

Dec 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Is the problems with the rubber splitting near the earpieces not solved by Klipsch? This seems to be the main complaint about these IEM:s and have been so for several years.

They changes the material, which is less likely to split but it doesn't mean that it won't. and overall the earphone don't feel like they are going to last for long.
I only use mine at home and never take it outside.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #5 of 7
I very much DISlike Klipsch IEMs. Every single one that I have heard, including the X10, has been muddy and congested to my ears.  But THE most comfortable IEMs I've ever tried.

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
They changes the material, which is less likely to split but it doesn't mean that it won't. and overall the earphone don't feel like they are going to last for long.
I only use mine at home and never take it outside.

Any idea when they changed the material? I'm just curious whether the X10s i got recently have the improved strain relief?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back