Klipsch x10i any impressions?
Jan 17, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #16 of 28

Quote:

Finally Got My Klipsch X10i.... Sound iz brilliant.... but I still missing the level of warmness I use to get in my CX-300 II Precision... But Definitly These Headphones Are much much better in detail and sound quality.... Bass is also sufficient.... .. Will be postin Pictures and reviews.... soon once I taste them completely..... But Truly... My money didn't got watsed... $269 worth....

Glad that you like them. I have found myself using them more and more lately.
Haven't tried using an amp yet. Have to do that soon.
They are really comfortable to wear!

Yeah Fit is superb..... On Bass side I guess ... I still Miss The Thump I use to get from my Sennehiser CS300 II.... Tht deep bass of track Linkin Park - Lying From You .... Has less impact... But Yess..... Details are infinte times better.... Highs Rock... Some time become too overpowering... Listenin Music with Bass Boost EQ Settin On my ipod Touch....

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #17 of 28

Quote:
Do they have the same bass bump that the Klipsch Image S4 has? I love the fit of those, but the bass can be overpowering in a quiet room. Perfect for in the car or subway though!

Never Heard S4i.... But Yes Bass is less impressive as compred to my old Sennehiser CX300 II Precesion.... But Details Rock.... But Its not that Bad... I m enjoyin Fully Balanced Music..... Gr8....Earphones....
deadhorse.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #18 of 28
Over here in the UK, the annoyingly populist audio & visual magazine 'What Hi-Fi' have given the X10 and X10i 5 star raves for a couple of years now, which is one (of many) reasons I have come to hate the publication.

Having heard the X10i, I can only say it sounds alright, if bass domination and muddy mids are what you're after. At the stupidly high price they retail for, they're probably the biggest ripoff in the universal iem world. You could spend half the amount and get twice the quality, not only in sound but also build.

I say avoid.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #20 of 28
How do these compare to the GR10s? 

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #22 of 28

yeah but what other iems around that price have you heard?

Quote:
I don´t know how these compare to the GR10s, but i do know that i don,t agree with Bennyboy.
I cant hear the muddy mids and bass domination. I hear great bass and mids. Every day. :)

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #24 of 28
I come from a background of using er6i's, ue's, grado headpones and the other day I went into the local hp shop to pick up a gift for my friend. I checked out the s2's, they seemed good for the money so I picked up two haha, one for me another for my friend. 

So far the s2's do not perform too well on my mp3 player, the bass is full and the treble lacks. However, I have them hooked up to my nuforce dac and notebook right now and they really make a difference.

What I am getting at is, I think the s2's need a lot of power to drive. Correct me if I am wrong but they sound much better with the dac. The bass is cleaned up but the treble isn't piercing like many other headphones.

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #26 of 28
I don't have the x10i but just x10s for about three years now.  I bought the S4's last year.

S4 definately have more bass/thump to them then the x10, but is totally different sound.  x10 are cleaner and tighter and deeper in the bass then the S4.  The S4 I want to say is more like having a bass boost on, which is great for walking around NYC and in the subways like I spend a lot of time.  I prefer the flatter response of the x10's in my apartment.  The x10s do seem to work very well with an amp.  I have a headamp pico.  I get a lot stronger and deeper bass with that as the amp vs the iTouch internal amp.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #27 of 28
I am running my x10's through a fiio e7, and have to admit i have been blown away by the improvement.

They really do need to be amped to get the best out of them.

I am looking into getting either a pair of re-262 or dba-02 at some point to do a comparison

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #28 of 28
the x10's simply have to have good amplification to come alive, and they are a joy when that happens. Anyone have any ideas on a full size headphones that has a similar sound signature? notable the sweet upper and the deep extended bass WITHOUT the head punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back