Klipsch X10 story with unexpected findings
Feb 10, 2009 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

james444

Headphoneus Supremus
I accidentally stumbled upon this while looking for some use for my X10s. With the IE8 as my new favourite IEM and the HP-FX500 as most welcome variation the X10s had become somewhat orphaned. They were still great IEMs and I didn't want to sell them.

That's when I saw the "In-Ear's you can sleep with" thread and thought maybe I could use them for this. But lying on the side they didn't feel very comfy. Then by sudden intuition I tried wearing them over the ears. Now, one can tell X10s are definitely not made for this 'cause they stick out at an awkward angle if you wear them over the ears and shove them into the ear canal. But after some experimenting I found out that if I just pulled them down from top of my ears and let them rest against the opening of the ear canal pointing downward they felt comfy and I could get a decent seal.

Motivated by my success I tried various tips and the Shure Soft Flex Sleeves came out best for that purpose. But let me save the best for last: Amazingly the soundstage seemed to be sooo much better this way, it was almost too good to be true!

Well, I can assure you it is true, because I have been going back and forth between the two ways of wearing the X10s countless times now and the difference is striking. To cut a long story short, I am one happy X10 owner again: not only have I found my perfectly comfy IEMs for dozing/sleeping, they even turned out having far better soundstage than expected!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back