Klipsch X10, CK90 Pro MKII, TDK BA 200, TF 10, XBA 4. Which is the best?
Oct 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

KentoArsenal

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting a new IEM and need advice on which to get. I currently own the ER4P but do not like due to the lack of bass. And no, I'm not thinking of getting an amp for the etymotics as carrying an amp would be a hassle. Currently, I'm leaning towards the CK90 Pros or the XBA 4s. 

Oct 30, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #6 of 9
I personally feel that the CK90PRO isn't detailed enough. From memory (which was a long time ago), the BA200 is ahead in detail (with the dual flange tips).

In terms of soundstage, I remember that the MK2 is nice and spacious, bigger than the BA200, but sound localization seemed a little fuzzy, unlike the precise BA200.

The CK90PRO MK2 is definitely a nice IEM, and has a nice sturdy cable, but the BA200 is definitely the far better value with better ergonomics (except for the silly flat cables).

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 9
I personally feel that the CK90PRO isn't detailed enough. From memory (which was a long time ago), the BA200 is ahead in detail (with the dual flange tips).

In terms of soundstage, I remember that the MK2 is nice and spacious, bigger than the BA200, but sound localization seemed a little fuzzy, unlike the precise BA200.

The CK90PRO MK2 is definitely a nice IEM, and has a nice sturdy cable, but the BA200 is definitely the far better value with better ergonomics (except for the silly flat cables).

Well, my CK90Pros arrived yesterday and I've gotta say they are pretty good. However I disagree with you about their cables. Their cables are really thin and the BQ feels and looks cheap even though its an IEM that costs about $280 at retail price. Compared to my ER4P which I sold recently, the CK90Pros indeed loses in detail but I think they make up for it in the bass department where ER4Ps lacked. The impact of bass tones are pretty impressive for a BA in my opinion and quite quick. The soundstage of them are also spacious compared to the hollow sounding ER4ps. I've not auditioned the BA200 so I can't comment on them unfortunately.

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 9
X10 is very musical and warm sounding. Its bass is bunchy and sufficient, but doesn't go too deep and the texture is not as good as, say, on my JH13 and ES5. But, it is forgiving and easy to listen to with very good fit. Overall I rate them just a tiny bit behind Westone 4, because it edges W4 on bass but lacks the fullness and texture in the mids and highs.

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
Well, my CK90Pros arrived yesterday and I've gotta say they are pretty good. However I disagree with you about their cables. Their cables are really thin and the BQ feels and looks cheap even though its an IEM that costs about $280 at retail price. Compared to my ER4P which I sold recently, the CK90Pros indeed loses in detail but I think they make up for it in the bass department where ER4Ps lacked. The impact of bass tones are pretty impressive for a BA in my opinion and quite quick. The soundstage of them are also spacious compared to the hollow sounding ER4ps. I've not auditioned the BA200 so I can't comment on them unfortunately.

Thin doesn't mean that it's not good. In general, I find that ATH cables are very high quality, on par with the cables on the Sennheiser IE8/80. The ER4 cable below the Y-split is too stiff (with microphonics as well) IMO. Anyways, I'm glad you like the CK90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back