Klipsch sale @ half price
Nov 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 159

tstarn06

Banned
Just received an email from Klipsch. They are selling their entire lineup for half price, so it's $175 plus free shipping for the X10s, etc. U.S. buyers only, it says. Wonder if this is to drive sales or to clear out inventory for new models. Not sure, but here's the basic email I received ...

Hot Headphones, Half the Price

From now until 11/30/08, or while quantities last, we're selling our popular Image X10, Image X5 and Custom 3 headphones on klipsch.com for half off. Plus, ground shipping is FREE.

Use coupon code "Half Off" at checkout to receive offer.

Available to U.S. customers only.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 159
Thanks for the headsup man
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #5 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... Really wow..

That's the cheapest price ever for X10.

Yeah, I thought I had a good deal at $191 from Amazon. Some folks are complaining about the stress relief rubber sheath splitting, or something like that. But mine are intact, though I use them very carefully. I do love their sound, though. Tempted to buy a second pair, but not sure.

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 159
hmmm Custom 3 for $150!!?!??!??

Maybe time for an early xmas late birthday gift to myself...

Cheers,

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #8 of 159
this is awesome! thanks!
now i have to decide which ones to get. how does the Custom line differ from the Image line? specifically the Custom 3s versus either the X10 and X5?

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 159
X10, X5, and Custom 3. Limited time only!

(Scott549--that headphone minisite is in the middle of being updated, which it hasn't been since the X5 came out)

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #10 of 159
Never tried the Custom 3s, but they supposedly offer the best sound in the Klipsch lineup, but they are over the ear style, and some folks have had fit problems. Never heard of anyone having fit problems with the X10s, as they are the most comfortable IEMs I have ever owned. In a landslide. And they sound pretty good to me. A steal at $175 in my view, as long as you aren't too tough on them. Some folks have had cable problems (mainly stress relief rubber splitting), but mine are still intact. Admittedly, I am a light user. And I have Sleek SA6s too, so I use them as well.

Edit:
My name is Tom, and I am a portable headphone addict. Just purchased a pair of the half-price Custom 3s, my first dual driver phones. If they are very good, I may have to sell off some gear. I am not an over the ear fan, but wanted to try them out.

Nov 17, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #14 of 159
I don't think they have a quality control problem as I have only seen 2 people complain about problems out of the many on head-fi who own the X10.

On a side note, these prices are awesome and I am seriously thinking about getting those Custom 3s but usually I have fit issues with IEMs and those look like a pain in the butt.

Nov 17, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #15 of 159
I'm using the X10 for 3 months now and I don't have the splitting problem others are reporting. If you use them carefuly and not remove them from your ears by pulling the wire, then you should be good.

This is a great deal, looks like I can finally pick up a X5 to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back