Klipsch S4i's not for me. Any other ideas?
Aug 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

yojroz

New Head-Fier
Wow, I just found this website for the first time and it's really helpful.  I've browsed the forums and it's a really great community.

I'm writing because I just replaced my stock iPhone earbuds with Klipsch S4i's based on tons of awesome reviews.  From a first listen I can tell why they get such great praise, but my problem is that because of some physical damage I've had to my ear before, I just learned that I cannot stand earphones that have to be sealed in your canal.  The iPhone stock phones always felt good to me because they just sit on the edge of my ear rather than being placed all the way in.  I'm wondering if anybody has recommendations for a good set that is more the style of the Apple ones that just sit on the outside of your ear canal?  I'm pretty easy to please, I guess my main 4 criteria would be:

-Sits on outside of ear canal rather than inside.
-Have good iPhone features as I'm about a 50/50 on talking on the phone and listening to music.
-Under $100 (but don't shy away from recommending ones over).
-Balanced sound.  I don't listen to Rap so I don't need thumping bass, but I also don't like music that you don't hear any bass.  I'm no audiophile (especially with an iPhone as a source) so my music doesn't have to be perfect...just better than the stock Apples.

Thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back