Klipsch S4i vs Klipsch ProMedia in-ear
May 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Doxjq

New Head-Fier
Does anyone have experience with these both? I'm a gamer, and I've been using Sennheiser PC300's for the last 2 years, but unfortunately the right ear bud is slowly getting quieter and quieter. So, I need a new set of in-ears and figured I would try for something better quality (even though tbh, the PC300's I thought were pretty bloody awesome).

I'm in New Zealand and I can get both Klipsch products at a local store, and to my surprise the S4i is actually $20 cheaper than the ProMedia in-ear. Apparently everywhere else in the world, the S4i is more expensive, so that was nice to see. The guys at the store told me the ProMedia were the better choice, but after reading some reviews online I'm not so sure. I think they're just trying to make a sale :wink:

So a few questions:

- Has anyone used both and/or know someone who might be able to give me a comparison?
- Or even better, has anyone used either of these sets, who can compare them to the PC300 for me?

I can only assume both sets are better than the PC300 (unless I'm mistaken), but the PC300 are $40 more than the Klipsch ones here so I'd like to avoid buying them again. However that said, if they are better, I'll just get another set of those.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 2

shch13

100+ Head-Fier
ProMedia is allegedly tuned the same way as the S3 so its a step down compared to the S4. I've used both the ProMedia and S4, it doesnt sound like the S4, it's got a bit more hissing than normal and the highs are...uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread