Klipsch S4 almost ready to $, Comparison to Denon C551k
Oct 12, 2009 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ucrags84

100+ Head-Fier
Before some mean person says "do you know how to use the search button".. why yes I do.

I have looked at searched on IEM's under a $100, and a lot of great users have helped point me in the direction towards the Klipsch S4 as a great all around entry IEM that is also very comfortable. Many of you mentioned RE0s, but I heard those can be more unforgiving to the flaws in a recording, and I can't always have CDs or lossless files around, plus Klipsch's warranty seems better.

Knowing this, I have had the Denon C551ks for a year, and have been disappointed with the shrill highs on many songs, and moderate wearability. The reviews said those were "great" headphones too, before I sink $79 into the Klipsch S4's I want to know if the sound signature is superior or at least better than the Denon's, and the highs will be more than bearable to listen to without that excessive harshness.

Has anybody here tried out both sets of earphones? Your comparison on this will be greatly appreciated, I'm not trying to choose between the two, but make sure the S4s are better sonically, so my money will not be waste.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 4
I find the klipsch very pleasant sound wise. I have really been enjoying the detail and range of these. I also think the soundstage is quite good. Since you are in California you could just head to bestbuy and pick up a pair. 30 day return policy with no restocking fee. Good luck.

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 4
That is a bummer. I got mine the day they became available
smily_headphones1.gif
. They get a couple shipments a week though so you can always ask them when they are expecting some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back